“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crafthouse Gastropub
Ranked #40 of 584 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Awesome place and get staff!! If u have never eaten here it is a must!! I can't say enough about this place I will definitely be coming back!!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jparkeu

Ropesville, Texas
“Has become our go-to place for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Crafthouse Gastropub (great place with a funny name) was formerly a lunch hot-spot in town with lines out the door. They re-created the space, menu, and added a bar which resulted in eat and drink greatness. They have a menu that changes frequently, and has some of the most creative food in town. Lubbock is known for burgers, steaks, enchiladas and chicken fried steak, but at the Crafthouse, you're more likely to order a warm brussel sprout salad, beer cheese fondue, and a West Texas cassoulet. All of which are fabulous! They have a good assortment of beers (foreign and domestic) and my favorite Ace Pear Cider on tap; and a nice wine selection. If you haven't been there, yet, try it. And on Sunday brunch - order the grilled mac and cheese with bacon and grilled onions! TO DIE FOR!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mom4J
Lubbock, Texas
“They ruined a great thing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I sure would like to know why the owners of Home Cafe turned what was my favorite restaurant into this iteration. High priced bar food with fancy names, craft brews and pricy wine, with a stark atmosphere and no business. Besides our group of nine, there was one table and two barstools filled in the hour and 45 minutes we were there. Nothing special about it. Just meh. How sad...Home Cafe was the best!

Visited November 2013
LUBBOCK, TX
“pretty neat but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We decided to try this place out after reading some reviews. It was good food but the prices were a little higher than you would expect. They are more of prices you'd see at a steakhouse. . To me, I felt like we should have been able to get more for a bill that came out to over 70$ after the tip. I would have gotten a steak but I just couldn't justify paying 10$ more for it....and it was 15 oz so I didn't really need that size of one. It would be nice for them to offer a smaller size one that is somewhere in between for those in my situation. We ended up both trying the burgers - which were good but not outstanding. On the upside, the beer we had was excellent - it their in-house beer. And I'm not a beer drinker but I still liked it. Also, tried their margarita which was great too. I liked the atmosphere - different for Lubbock, more on the artsy side. And the staff was very nice and attentive. Overall, it is a nice little restaurant and we would probably go back - but probably just to have a few drinks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auburn, Alabama, United States
“Horrible. WE WANT HOME CAFE BACK!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

A lot has been lost in this place ever since the owners changed the concept from Home Cafè last year. The interior of the restaurant used to be a varied collection of tables and chairs and furnishings that made the place feel homey, now, the restaurant is filled with horrible decor and loud music that is unnecessary and detracts from the experience as a whole. The service was lackluster.... as another reviewer said "much like the home cafè days, which isn't saying much". The food was a true disappointment. The menu on the website and facebook did not match the menu on offer, and noone in the party wanted to stay after seeing the offerings on the current menu. We did stay, and the food that we ordered was either just okay or prepared incorrectly. Breakfast sausages on one plate were bloody and undercooked, and when we sent them back, we were hissed at and brought new ones that were just as bad. Everything else was sub par... Something that I'd expect from a highway diner in the middle of nowhere rather than this place... It is such a shame that this restaurant is going down the tubes... came in 3 months ago, had another lackluster experience and the restaurant was packed, this time, it was just us and two other tables, so it seems that others are catching on to the same thing that we are......

• Visited June 2013