“Tech Beautification Project”
Review of Taqueria Jalisco

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #14 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I eat here all the time and wanted to review it. It's really good food. Here is the url from yelphttp://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-jalisco-lubbock
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Food and service great. Seated fast, food came fast. 1st sharp cheddar cheese relleno I ever had. It was ok, I prefer white cheese, but when in a Lubbock eat what they eat. I would do it again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great food but a little greasy. Starting off the chips and salsa are free and the salsa is great, some may find the salsa a little hot though. The menu has a diverse selection of authentic Mexican food which come in large portions. I enjoy the place and eat there when I get a chance, but some of my friends find the food a little to greasy. Definitely the place to go if your craving Mexican food and good beer.

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here with a large group on a Friday night. Wait was approx. 30 minutes. Food was good. Many, many options. Service was a bit slow. Would eat here again.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great authentic Mexican food! They give you all the chips and salsa you want. They gave you plenty of good food and was also inexpensive. The service was really good too. My wife had a margarita which she said was the best she ever had! We would definitely come back here.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Leaving Lubbock, my companion and I decided to get a good Tex-Mex meal. We found this restaurant while driving around. The decor is what I would describe as typical Tex-Mex, having frequented many of these places in Texas. I felt comfortable. The drinks were huge and just right. I ordered a combo plate of enchilada, taco, chile relleno and rice. My companion ordered the burrito & taco combo. We shared a large guacamole. The chips were okay, not as fresh as I would expect. The salsa was tasty, not hot. The guacamole was runny and didn't really have much of an avocado flavor. I've had better. My plate was covered with yummy melted cheddar cheese. The chile relleno was the best I've had. The sauces could have been a bit spicier, but I like it hot, so it was probably just right for the person who likes it mild. The enchilada was okay, nothing special. The taco shell was overcooked. Even with the negatives, it was a good meal and we both were too full to order desert--and that tres leches cake looked awesome. The service was A+! I would definitely eat here again, but ask for something a bit spicier.