“Better places in Lubbock”
Review of Taqueria Jalisco

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #13 of 590 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I eat here all the time and wanted to review it. It's really good food. Here is the url from yelphttp://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-jalisco-lubbock
“Better places in Lubbock”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Met daughter and her friend here. Did not think the staff was friendly at all and service was just so-so. Chips and hot sauce were the best part of the meal, IMO. We split the steak and shrimp fajitas and I must agree with a previous reviewer about it being overlooked ( with a significant amount of gristle) with few vegetables, no cheese, and guacamole that seemed like it came out of a plastic bag rather than being freshly made. The girls seemed to like their food (cheese and chicken enchiladas) so I am not giving it the lowest of ratings. But for what we ordered, I would recommend going elsewhere.

Visited May 2013

Lubbock
“Not fancy, but great food reasonably priced!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were looking for a place to go and hadn't tried this place in a while. The food was great. The service was fast and efficient. This place was originally an upscale Mexican restaurant and bar. It has become more laid back and close to fast food Mexican food but with quality. Chips and salsa were good also. Iced tea is never good in these places, so just drink water.

• Visited April 2013
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I remember this place being much better when I was in college several years ago. The service was slow and unresponsive. I split an order of Fajitas Mexicano and the meat was over cooked with not much veggies. Also, every time I visit this restaurant I get hit up by a bum in parking lot asking for money.

1 Thank Jstaff83
“Great local feel with good food”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stop here every time I'm in Lubbock. You can tell it's authentic when the local Hispanic community dines here. I like the sound of Spanish being spoken with combination of good food. I've had lunch and breakfast and both were good.

Lubbock, Texas
“Favorite Lunch Spot-Good for Dinner Too!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My office loves to lunch here. Everyone gets something they like, and the service is very good, and fast, no matter how busy they are. There are lots of restaurants in Lubbock, so I think it is a testament to Taqueria Jalisco's popularity that I recently went to eat there and could not find a place to park in their large lot. My favorite is the #12 Enchiladas Verdes. They make a great breakfast too, and the place is packed on weekends.

• Visited October 2012