“Local Favorite”
Review of Taqueria Jalisco

Taqueria Jalisco
Ranked #13 of 590 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I eat here all the time and wanted to review it. It's really good food. Here is the url from yelphttp://www.yelp.com/biz/taqueria-jalisco-lubbock
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I remember this place being much better when I was in college several years ago. The service was slow and unresponsive. I split an order of Fajitas Mexicano and the meat was over cooked with not much veggies. Also, every time I visit this restaurant I get hit up by a bum in parking lot asking for money.

1 Thank Jstaff83

“Great local feel with good food”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stop here every time I'm in Lubbock. You can tell it's authentic when the local Hispanic community dines here. I like the sound of Spanish being spoken with combination of good food. I've had lunch and breakfast and both were good.

Lubbock, Texas
“Favorite Lunch Spot-Good for Dinner Too!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My office loves to lunch here. Everyone gets something they like, and the service is very good, and fast, no matter how busy they are. There are lots of restaurants in Lubbock, so I think it is a testament to Taqueria Jalisco's popularity that I recently went to eat there and could not find a place to park in their large lot. My favorite is the #12 Enchiladas Verdes. They make a great breakfast too, and the place is packed on weekends.

• Visited October 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“Awesome dinner”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I walked and sat down and waitress was very nice and polite. She gave me us a menu and asked what I wanted to drink. Fast service even when busy. The staff help each other out. Thats what I call team work for their business and thats what I like to see.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“standard tex-mex, good margaritas, iffy surroundings”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We visited this restaurant on a one-night stopover in Lubbock, based on its attractive appearance as we passed it while looking for a hotel on one of the main roads through town, and based on the recommendation of the hotel desk clerk. When we arrived, we were a bit put off by the bars on the door with a few people hanging around outside, and my spouse went out to check on the car during dinner, but we didn't have any problems.
Seating and service was a bit slow, but you don't have to wait for a check because you pay at the register.
The inside had a fun sort of Mexico-kitsch decor, and seemed to attract a local crowd. My spouse said the margaritas were fine, but I was greatly disappointed with the wines being offered--seems like a local business ought to be promoting some of the local wines such as Llano Estacado, which is better than what was offered. The food was good, if unremarkable. The menu was pretty standard for the genre of food.
There must be better places to eat in a university town like this, and I will do more research and try somewhere else the next time we are in Lubbock.

• Visited August 2012