“Great food, fast service.”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #60 of 602 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Coahoma, Texas
“Great food, fast service.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were starving when we arrived in town and this restaraunt was right across from our hotel. We went in expecting a long wait since it was a Saturday evening and the parking lot was packed. They seated us right away. The food and service were excellent. Couldn't have been more satisfied!

Visited January 2013

Tx
“Pretty good chain-not this location”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate here beacuse we have enjoyed this restaurant in the Dallas/Ft Worth area many times. We knew when we walked in that this was NOT looking the same. There were flies landing on the table, the bartender was spitting in a trash can and eating behind the bar in front of the customers, and there were more employees than customers. We should have run then but we stuck it out. The food wasn't that bad except the chips were old. The original waiter was replaced by another who explained the first one was "trying" to train and the experienced one was actually pretty good. I would not recommend this location with the current management.

• Visited August 2013
Vail, Colorado
“Awesome happy hour during the week”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The service was excellent with a big group, which is sometimes hard to accomplish. Awesome happy hour prices on food and drinks, the Watermelon margarita is so very refreshing and tasty, frozen or on the rocks.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Not outstanding, but certainly not bad at all!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We met for a dinner party on the patio, which I don't recommend in mid-July, so the outside temperature was just too hot, which is certainly not the fault of anyone at On The Border.

The menu offers a variety of Mexican specialties (I had the Dos Equis beer battered fish tacos...they were very good!) and appetizers (battered Avocado french fries were my choice...absolutely wonderful!) and the plates/servings are very generous! I needed a take-to-hotel box! Very reasonable prices as well.

I don't know if it was because we were out on the patio, because we were in a reserved party of about 15 guests, or because good service is just getting more and more difficult to find in the restaurant service industry in general, but our servers were forgetful, did not check on us often at all, and did not communicate with each other. We placed drink and dinner orders with a new "set" of servers respectively, and were served our dinners by another "set" once again, which led to some confusion. I'm sure in a smaller party most of this would be alleviated???

Overall very good and I will return for sure...the food and prices are very worth it!

• Visited July 2013
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have always loved On the Border but this one left a bad taste. My daughter and I stopped to eat at 11:15am, clearly not the rush time. We stood at the host desk, along with other people for literally 10 minutes before anyone every came to seat us and then we received a weak "sorry". Needless to say it was no better with our waiter. We waited 10 minutes for sweetner as he literally walked by multiple times. My daughter asked for additional sour cream/cheese which we never received.This resulted in calling the manager over and very politely we explained, he appeared interested and concerned and indicated he would address. When we left, the waiter brought over a to go sack with additional sour cream, cheese and said I'm sorry AND THEN CHARGED US FOR IT!!! Very disappointed. Food was okay not great.

• Visited May 2013