“This motel is awesome!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge I-27

Econo Lodge I-27
Ranked #43 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“This motel is awesome!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stay here every time I visit my daughter who lives there. Been going there for 5 years. It's a great place to stay. Staff is friendly, the location is perfect and I love the coffee and breakfast. Happy hour is great too.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richardson, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice comfortable rooms. Close to Texas tech. They have smoking rooms so even the non smoking floor smelled a little like smoke. Free breakfast is nice but get there early. Good location and nice price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We travel to Lubbock several times a year to visit a child who is attending college there. We have now stayed at this hotel several times and find it to be outstanding. We like the location. We like the breakfast. The hot food is actually hot, there is always plenty of fruit and the breakfast area is clean. I might also add that the coffee is delicious. The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious and quiet. Lastly, the staff is always very friendly and hospitable. What more could one wish for in a hotel? We will continue to use this property on our visits to Lubbock.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hospitality staff's professional and friendly attitude and work ethic helped make this stay enjoyable. Grandkids had a great time in the indoor pool, even with really cccolllddd water. The breakfast room was staffed by a pleasant lady with a very helpful attitude when the gkids needed special attention. The rooms have relatively thin walls, so noises from adjoining rooms at any hour were noticeable, somewhat distracting from sleeping comfort, but that's life in the motel biz. The sidewalks surrounding the property helped make for a comfortable and safe morning walk each day. The neighborhood is a bit run down but safe for walking in the daytime and there is good security in the surrounding parking areas at night. There was fresh caulking in our bathroom, clean grout, no cigarette-burned tub walls or broken commode parts. Room temps were easily manageable, even for a group of people with conflicting needs. However, it was really the people more than the place that would invite us to return.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the front have less cigarette smoke for a person to walk through. If the vending ma...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is by far one of the best that I have stayed at in quite sometime. I stay on average about 20 or more nights a year in a hotel and like I said this one is by far one of the best. The staff is very friendly, they do a happy hour that is not just for the adults but for the children as well. The pool area is just the right size. The parking lot is great if you have a loaded trailer, it's not cramped so you have plenty of room to turn around your truck and trailer with no worries. Everything is up to date as far as amenities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have never written a review but I was so disappointed I hope this helps Someone!! As soon as we walked in the workers had their music blazing down the hallways. They were speaking loud and unfortunately overheard their disgusting vulgar conversation. The room seemed okay but the carpet felt greasy as if it had never been cleaned rather just soaked in grease. We also had to get a new key every day we were there because once we would get back it wouldn't work every time!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Martha6009
holbb, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-27, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are deeply sorry that you found some aspects of the Quality Inn by Choice Hotels less than satisfactory. Without comments like yours we would not have the opportunity to improve upon our services, and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome all opportunities to improve, and definitely apologize for the issues you discussed above; we will look into them. We are striving to improve our services and our product, so issues like yours do not occur for our future guests. Thank you for your comments, we hope we can serve you again, and give you a better experience
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stays in this Quality Inn.. Susanne was particularly helpful. She recognized my Elite StatusWe were on our way from Aurora, Colorado, to and from New Braunfels, Texas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
holbb, Manager at Econo Lodge I-27, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. The entire Team is very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit; we all enjoy the hospitality we may provide. We hope to see you again soon,