“Attentive, polite staff, and a decent comfortable room”

TownePlace Suites Lubbock
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Los Angeles, California
“Attentive, polite staff, and a decent comfortable room”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Were it not for the terrific staff at this property, it would have rated as average in my book. I was in town for eleven days, and, normally during an extended stay like this, I would find something to complain about. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I encountered only friendly, accommodating, and professional staff; across the board from the front desk to housekeeping personnel. Whoever is running this place is doing a great job. The room itself was decently appointed and decorated, and, unlike other chain hotels I have had complaints about (Hyatt House in Dallas for example), the bathroom had a real porcelain tub and actual tile, not fiberglass mimics. The bed was not spectacular, but, hey, I slept fairly well. The only thing this place is missing the boat on is a hot breakfast (scrambled eggs and fixin's). It only does the Continental thing. I've always felt, if a hotel is only going to do Continental, they might as well not bother. All those empty carbs just make me artificially hungry later on. That said, for the price my employer was paying (a steeply discounted corporate rate), I have to give this place a Very Good rating.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the highway or near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
William,
I appreciate your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel as much as we do. We take pride in knowing our staff is fully trained and able to make sure all our guest needs are met. We always strive to go above and beyond and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about it! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just to be fair, I normally stay at the Courtyard or the Fairfield any time I'm in this area. Being a loyal Marriott customer, I chose to stay at the Townplace this time around.

I've stayed at these properties before and I've found they can go one way or the other. Either I'm pleasantly surprised, or everything is old and run down. Thankfully, this place has managed to stay relatively clean and nice.

The rooms are large, and if I was staying for more than a few days, I would have enjoyed having the kitchen. I'm sure that if you have a small family or pets, this could be a great place.
I had a room that was in the inner circle, so it was very quiet and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the small lap desk for the bed.

I don't remember the breakfast being anything special, so it's probably a good sign that it wasn't bad either.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent value and need to stay in Lubbock, you can't go wrong with Townplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were just renovated last Spring so I was happy to hear you mentioning how clean & nice it was. Thanks for giving us a try and being a loyal Marriott guest. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate your referrals!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

There we were, tired and ready to relax. The bed was awful. Lumpy, and hard at the same time. the sheets didn't fit the mattress and rolled up around us while we (tried to) sleep. This was a room for handicapped. the shower rod was coming loose from wall, the hand held shower head was attached at the top by a plastic bag that had been wrapped around it and tied to shower head. The fire/smoke alarm was hanging from ceiling. The a/c unit didn't work properly. We asked and moved to another room. The bed was the same,sheets were the same. the only way i got the a/c to work was to turn it down throughout the night which was easy because i wasn't sleeping anyway because of the bed. We will not stay here again. I'd rather drive 1 1/2 hours back home to sleep. Hampton Inn is the way to go folks!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for your recent review. I will address your room issues with our management staff. I hope you give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you!
Hamilton, TX
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Staff very friendly. Location close to family and appears the building is maintained. No housekeeping on one night. Sheets full of holes and the mattress cover was not fitted and moved during night with lumps to sleep on. I have had better breakfast at some of economy motels. One morning nothing I wanted was out. No cold stuff, rolls, or bowls. Had to ask for everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that it wasn't as comfortable as it should have been. I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Please call and ask to speak with the Sales Manager for a future reservation and I will do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Property is in a decent location. Everything was pretty clean. What was really lacking was breakfast. I've seen better choices at cheap hotels. Basically cereal, hard boiled eggs, & stale pastries. I realize thus is more of an extended stay type property, but for $130 I expect more. Reserved a queen studio, which was small. Upon checkout, printer was broken, therefore no receipt. It's the little things, like those mentioned here, that are easily fixed yet often overlooked. Lubbock has more to offer than this.

• Stayed April 2013
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that your experience wasn't as up to par as we'd hope. We pride ourselves on customer service.

We did have a printer issue which prevented us from printing receipts on the spot. We now have two printers and shouldn't encounter this problem again.

Our rooms are 30% larger than standard rooms and we've found that most of our guests have been pleased with their stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback, it's because of reviewers like you we are able to maintain and overachieve for future guests.
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am platinum with Marriott, so obviously I love this chain. The Towne Suites is nothing to write home about, but for a large family or long stays this place is very good:). Staff was very nice! Breakfast was ok. Normally the residence inn has the best breakfast. I would place this hotel in the areas of the Fairfield Inns

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review & stay!

We value the opinions of all our guests and are proud at the levels in which you've scored us.

We hope to see you again in the future if your travels should ever bring you back to Lubbock.
Midland, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and always had a great experience, until this time. The hotel was very clean and the rooms comfortable , however, our bed this time was awful. It rolled to the middle and was hard for us to sleep on it. We have always had great beds until now. Don't know what to think about it now.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for pointing this out to us. We have looked into this issue and it will be addressed.

We strive to provide the best possible products in our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.