“Worse Stay Ever !!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Fritch, Texas
“Worse Stay Ever !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The room stank, the pool was not heated as advertised and was not even close to clean and the jacuzzi was also dirty and did not even work..We tried to get our money back and leave but they would not refund our money...Never again !!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose any room, go somewhere else....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rickytside41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Waxahachie, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The facilities are satisfactory for the price paid -- comfortable, uncrowded, satisfactory but otherwise "standard" continental breakfast included in the room price. Parking is good.

Watch, however, your invoice upon checkout! I booked the room online, got a confirmation of reservation and price in my email (fortunately!), and upon checkout I was charged $20 more than the price quoted when the reservation was made. Good news: the reservation portal contacted the hotel after my trip and they refunded the $20 plus the 13 percent tax. Bad news: I shouldn't have had to make the call to get this refund.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank William M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I came to lubbock to relax and spend time together and thought the country inn looked very clean and respectable. we were wrong. The first thing we noticed was the beds. The bed had dark black hair behind the pillows and when we pulled the covers back there was a yellow urine stain. Breakfast ran about an hour late and we had to go back. The last straw was during breakfast. I got some orange juice from a glass and it was amazing until I put my mouth around a lip stick stain that was hardened on the glass. Very unsanitary

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank asinfueg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Service was great . Curtains being hung that day caused the manager to up grade room! Appreciate that much. Pool & hot lovely. Breakfast wonderful service & server lady was absolutely most accommodating . A little dirty @ the front door ... Clean it up &. I will b back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dcfeed
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Won't re-hash previous review but first time we were in Lubbock I booked the wrong Holiday Inn Express and was not pleased. Holiday weekend and pool out of order. On our return trip this weekend I specifically made sure not to book that hotel - decided to try Country Inn & Suites, as my sister works for them.

We walk in and I'm thinking "this looks very familiar". Would have never thought to CHECK IF THE ADDRESSES WERE THE SAME! Turns out CI&S BOUGHT the Holiday Inn Express!! My fault but talk about terrible luck :( It was the same hotel - and pool/hot tub STILL not working. Ugh. So frustrating. Memorial Day weekend and no one even in there attempting to fix it. There's a sign indicating you can swim in the cold water if you want. Fun.

If pool is not of importance to you, then honestly this hotel is ok. I can tell Carlson has made some improvement to the rooms and other interiors, and I really had no other complaints. BUT if you are looking to stay somewhere specifically with a pool/hot tub for you and/or your kids, do not stay here. I'm sure the pool issues have more to do with existing issues on Holiday Inn's end than Country Inn & Suites, but there doesn't seem to be a real urgency to get it fixed. I wish they would tell you this before you book, I really don't feel I should have to call a hotel and run down a list of amenities with them to see if they are working. Especially when it is a holiday weekend and lots of people are traveling. Just put a note on the website that the pool is currently out of order.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dreamnofnyc
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I changed my reservations from another hotel to Country inn and suites so my to kids could use the heated in door pool that they advertise. I had made the reservation a few month in advance and when we got there we found out the pool was broken and had been for more than a week. We were there for 3 nights and it never was fixed. We also had to wait for there breakfast bar every morning for 20 minutes or more, they were very slow to refill the bar. We were in a no smoking room but the mattress cover on the bed had a hole burned through it and when I told them at the front desk they said they would make a note on my account but made no offer to change it. I asked to speak to the GM but he was not there so I left my contact info, It been 3 days and I haven't heard from them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Norman C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is the place is nice but housekeeping needs some help! Found Cheetos crumbs and a shot glass on the floor! Was not ours! No one was ever at front desk as guests and perhaps uninvited guests entered/exited!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family