Howard Johnson Lubbock TX
$77
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$71
$143
$130
EmbassySuites.com
$131
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotels.com
$94
Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$59
$61
$85
$82
Agoda.com
All reviewsmike patelbagelswaffle makerroom was cleancontinental breakfastwould definitely stay here againa great place to stayeasy accesshojointerstatemotelfootballmicrowaverepairtx
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed here one night while moving our Son into his house for school. The room was fine, the bed was very comfortable. Got a good rate.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
TARIQ F, Owner at Howard Johnson Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2014

First of all I like to thank you for your stay with us and then taking time to review our Hotel.
We are very happy to heard that, you like, our Hotel, Services, staff and amenities.
We try our best to exceed all our guest expectation. If we can do anything to make your next visit to Lubbock more enjoyable and comfortable, please let us know.
Thank you and looking forward to have you our guest soon again.
Thanks.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for only one night thankfully. Checked in after 8pm. Stood in line behind a family that needed to switch rooms because their room had a problem. We booked two rooms. Both rooms were clean and rooms were a good size, and there was microwave and a fridge. Other than that the beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were poor, which made it difficult to sleep. Clocks in both rooms were unplugged for some reason. Our phone didn't work which we didn't realize until a family member in the other room came down to tell us they had been trying to call us. The dresser in one room had drawers that were all tilted and wonky (looked broken or put together wrong). The bathroom fixtures were wobbly. The shower fixture in one room was so wobbly it felt like it was going to come right off the wall. The fixture didn't even completely cover the hole in the tile so I am sure water was getting in there. Met a gentleman in the elevator who was on his way down to the front desk to complain about not having any hot water. Guess we were lucky to have that. When my husband told me this hotel was only two years old I was shocked. I fear for the condition it will be in in two more years. Breakfast was lacking. No proteins at all. I selected a biscuit that I warmed in the microwave. It tasted stale and I threw it away. The front desk staff at night was neither friendly nor helpful. All in all it was just an uncomfortable stay. I would avoid staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sharron W

I thank you for your stay and taking time to review our Hotel.
I am sorry to heard that, you had poor experience with our staff and the property.
We have full time Maintenance person , I wish you would of inform front desk about your problem so we would of immediately fix it. We are fairly new Hotel, build in 2012, we opened as a Howard Johnson In, in September of 2012. We have new bedding and mattresses install in few months ago. We are 100 % non smoking and 100 % pets free property.
We try our best to exceed our guest expectations. We are looking forward to have you as our guest again. If we can do anything to make your trip more enjoyable please let us know, and also please let front desk know immediately if there is any problem with your room, so we can fix it right there and then or move you to another room. Thank and and will like to have you our guest soon.
Thanks.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

At check-in, I was, as always, friendly and upbeat, glad to be at the hotel. The person at the desk, maybe the owner, was extremely rude. I won't bore you with the story. If it hadn't been so late, we wouldn't have stayed.

The room: OK for the price. I do not think the bed covers (not the sheets) were washed, since they smelled musky. 2 queens, ample space for folded clothes. Instead of a bible, we found a phone book, I found that amusing, as I think it's ridiculous to identify all peoples' religions/belief systems and placing only one kind of bible in rooms. Although they say the hotel is "new (2012)," everything is dated... Maybe the building is new and everything inside bought second-hand.

Bathroom: The shower does not heat up very much (you know how you can burn yourself... not in this one), and the water pressure is very low. The towels are many years old (( assume) and shredded.

Although, supposedly, nobody can smoke here, the smoke smell in the stairwalls and hallways is horrible. I don't know if it's the staff or the people in the rooms.

Either way, we will never come here again, nor will anybody I know. Customer service matters.

Wifi: So slow, I think of dial-up... Yet, it works.

Pool: tiny, outdoors.
Grounds: FULL OF CIGARETTE BUTTS. ?!?!??!?! One space is meant for smoking... the hotel owner seems not to care that people smoke everywhere outside, right outside the doors.

Laundry: One washer, one dryer for the entire hotel. The day we were there, the machines were not in use.

Elevator: Much commotion alerted me to the fact that nobody could use the elevator (luggage, people who can't walk stairs... stuck).

Nobody is ever at the front desk. Whoever (the owner?) worked the night we arrived, was still there at noon the next day... we rang a few times each time to get his attention.

Ice maker: Bottom was broken out, so one needs to hold on to the bucket, so it won't fall into the hole.

All was dated, except the paint, that seemed new (nice red doors).

Post office next door!!! Tons of fast-food around, no actual restaurants/nutrition.

Breakfast: Not the absolute worst (worst being 2 store-bought pastries in wrappers). Warm was only the fake waffles one can make in the machines... no eggs, etc. Tables were ALL filthy, nobody bothered to clean at all during breakfast time. The person "in charge" was on the cell phone the entire time, I guess there was not time to clean, nor to put any more fruit out. The donuts were not completely stale.

We originally booked because it's close to the highway and someone mentioned a great manager in one of the reviews... that manager is either no longer here, was sick or is not aware of the person who was/is at the front desk; he would certainly not approve.

Cleaning staff was friendly (maybe teach the front person?).

Best part: The price.

Room Tip: 315 faces the parking lot, as it seems all rooms do, this room faces the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rustyferrel

First of all thank you for your review.
Secondly, I am the Manager and the Owner, the guy you mention he was probably front desk.
He may seem Manger or owner but he is not.
Thirdly, we build brand new Hotel in 2012, we opened as a Howard Johnson Inn, September of 2012. As for hot water, I don't think there is any problem, I went and verify every single room, there is plenty of hot water. As for Elevator, that time you came in we may have technical issue, but we call elevator company they come within few minutes to fix any problem.
As for guest laundry, a lot of expensive chain Hotel even does not offer guest laundry, we do have onsite guest laundry open 24 hours 7 days a week. I monitor that myself, there is not a time when it was broken. We are proud of our Newer Hotel build in 2012. We try our best not just meet but exceed our guest expectation. I still apologize for any inconvenience it may cause to your trip, thank you.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room was clean, comfortable, and roomy. The hotel was easy to find and the parking lot seemed secure. I would have given a higher rating, but the shower stall was not as clean as it could have been. I turned the hot water on and rinsed the walls before I got in. Plenty of dining choices nearby, even though we arrived quite late. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: third floor was very quiet and secure.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel and and your stay with us.
We try our best to exceed all our guests expectations, and we strive for excellence.
I thank you for your review and rating. We are looking forward to have you as our guest soon.
If we can do anything to make your next trip more enjoyable, please let us know.
Thank you.