“Disapointed from check in to departure”

Howard Johnson Lubbock TX
Ranked #43 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Let me start by saying I messed up. Had two rooms booked for Sunday nite arrived Monday nite. No sympathy for my mistake. Manager not available. OK will talk later. Check in anyway. Not busy. Plenty of rooms. Went to room. Half empty soda bottle bottle on nightstand. Used soap and conditioner bottle in bathroom. Had this room been cleaned or just the bed made?? Stayed the night. Breakfast was no better. Worst biscuits and gravy I ever had. Overripe bananas. Need I say more. Tried to contact manager about maybe some help on being charged for rooms I booked for wrong night. Never received a return call. Motel to stay away from.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clark Z
TARIQ F, Manager at Howard Johnson Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel. When you reserve the room, through third party we do not at Hotel level any information on your credit card etc. We don't have no way to cancel any room that reserve on third party web site, third party charge the customer when hey reserve the room,
and then third party sent reservation to the Hotel when third party card after there commission.
Its sad a lot of guest do not know about this. If we get cancellation call before 6:00 pm of guest arrival we can cancel that room, and we do not charge the guest and we rent to someone else, but if guest make mistake and don't call us we think guest may be coming late night, we keep that room for the guest.
Manage/owner work seven days a week, I am sorry you were not able to speak with the Manager.
Please give us another chance, we will exceed your expectation.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Got 2 rooms . One for my husband and I and the other for my children. 10 am I hear a tap at the door assuming it was my kids- before I could get out of bed this India guy walk INTO the room and said " hey check out is at 11 am" what in the hell is this random guy doing in my room an hour
prior to check out!!! I was in shock and went into the hallway to find him! I yelled at him. He apologized and basically kept walking. He did the same thing to my kids room next door! I have teenage daughters and it's inappropriate and rude. The phones didn't work! The pool was locked with chains! I will never stay there AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Sreeves4

Thank you for sharing with us your experience. Our Check out time is 11:00 a.m., We have to clean
the check out room and have ready for the guest checking inn. He knocked on your room after 11:00 a.m. Thank you for your stay with us and looking forward to have you our guest again.
Howard Johnson, Lubbock, TX

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed in thousands of hotels, starting as a child traveling with my parents all over the world and during my Army time, etc. I've stayed in 5 star in Seoul, Korea and 2 star pensions in Europe. This hotel is probably a bit less than a 2 star pesnion in Europe, but they gouge people, because people have to stay somewhere when visiting Tech. From the directions to roaches to broken coffee pots to coke-machine rip-offs, this place is bad. Howard Johnson used to be a great, fun, family hotel chain.
Our iPhone map put us the wrong way up the interstate. We called to ask which exit the hotel was off of. The bozo at the front desk told us exit 1. There are exits 1A, 1B and 1C and NO sign from the freeway! So, of course, I took the wrong exit.
We called ahead for a rollaway, because we brought one of our kids, last minute. They had none to spare. No biggie, I thought. There will be a couch. There was a couch. It was a FOLD-OUT BED!! Strike 2 for a no-nothing front desk person. So, she would have charged us for a rollaway, if there was one, instead of telling us there was a fold-out?!?
Broken coffee pot in the room. We called and got another one with no basket and broken buttons. Yes, we saw a roach runs across the reception floor. The toilet seats were replace by airplane lavatory sized seats, so one sits part-way on the rim of the toilet. Nice! Yes. We had a bed and needed a place to stay. But, this was literally, Highway Robbery!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
1  Thank Drewber5

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. We are new property less then two year old, that is the reason you did not find by using your GPS, secondly, we do have sign coming from airport, and it does tell you Howard Johnson 50th street, exit 1. As for rate we are proud to say we have the best prices in Lubbock. If you coming on busy weekend prices does go up on Lubbock Hotel.
I also want to share our Hotel is less then two years old. We also try our best to exceed our guest expectation. We are looking foreword to have you our guest again.
Management
Howard Johnson Lubbock, TX.

Reviewed September 23, 2013