“Not clean!”

Howard Johnson Lubbock TX
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
“Not clean!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Dirty carpet, coffee not cleaned off sink, hair on bathroom floor and tub, shower curtain horrible, mold and scum.
I did not report to office because it should not have been in that condition it is not my job to insure the rooms are clean prior to check in.
I was so tired I just slept and got out of there
Without using the shower and sink. Would have been if clean!
Disappointing!

• Stayed January 2013
TARIQ F, Owner at Howard Johnson Lubbock TX, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
we are brand new propery open in 2012, less then one year old, mold and scum? must be somone try to do false rating, or they are confuse with another Hotel. If I would stay at hotel and pay for that, and if shower was dirty and sink was dirty, i would not tell no one, that dont make no sense, I will get my money back within 10 minutes. Its very sad but people out there try try to do these things. I encourage all guest, to inform front desk imediately if there is any type of issue with the room, so We could move the guest to another room. or manke other arrangements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Katy, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I moved to Lubbock from Houston and had an opportunity to stay at this Hotel for about two weeks. The staff was extremely friendly. Being a brand new property, the room had clean carpet, firm beds, good AC/heating equipment and all lightning fixtures were functional. The bathroom was clean had good water pressure and plenty of running hot water.

I found that the internet had excellent bandwidth; it was good for checking emails, searching the web, paying the bills etc. Even my Vonage phone was functional with clear voice quality during international calls through my laptops. The hotel also has guest laundry with a washer and dryer working flawlessly, which we used a couple of times. The laundry room was open 24/7 and the staff had kept it clean.

The breakfast area was big and had plenty of food: including cereals, fruits, donuts, waffles, and hot/cold beverages. Staff kept breakfast area clean and well equipped.

This hotel is located on Hwy 27 and 50 th street, which is very convenient for in and out excess even with our 26 feet jumbo UHAUL truck. We had no problem parking our truck on the side or back of the hotel parking lots. The area around the hotel is very safe and we found no disturbance; it was quite. Even arriving late at night, we felt safe. There were plenty of food establishments nearby of for lunch and dinner including United supermarket. McDonalds restaurant is just next door.

We enjoyed our two week stay here without any issues and received an excellent service from the hotel staff. We had an opportunity to meet with the hotel owner Mr. Farooq, he was friendly and displayed an eagerness to make our stay comfortable in every respect.

I would recommend this hotel strongly to travelers who are looking for a convenient place and excellent service for a comparatively reasonable price in Lubbock, TX.

Kewal

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kewal B
Tariq F, Owner at Howard Johnson Lubbock TX, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We will be looking forword to have you our guest again on your next trip to lubbock, TX. If I can do anything please feel free to contact me directly at 806-741-1600, EXT 323
Thank you again for staying with us.