“India in Lubbock”
Review of Sri Maharaja - CLOSED

Sri Maharaja
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had a wonderful meal. We started out with flaky, very well seasoned veggie samosa. For dinner we ordered palak paneer, chicken vindaloo and lamb boti kabob and shared between 3 of us. Everything was so good. The food the best we had on our visit to Lubbock. The waiter was prompt and very attentive. The portions were so generous that we took enough back to the hotel for a late night snack. Will be back on our next trip.

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

I had eaten here several years ago and decided to try it again. I'm so glad we did. We loved our meal. The staff is very nice and attentive, and the restaurant has nice, intimate lighting. We shared vegetable spring rolls that were fresh and hot. My husband ordered spicy chicken and spinach in a cream sauce served with a side of naan. It was very spicy, He loved it. I had a combination of lentil soup, rice cake, and vegetable and potato filled crepe. It was wonderful. There were many other items that sounded so good, and I can't wait to return to try them. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I like to frequent this jewel in Lubbock, TX. It's so easy to get in the habit of just going to traditional restaurants and Sri Maharaja gives us a small taste of India. You can order off the menu or try a variety of items on the noon buffet to see what you like best. The staff is very welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This may be the only Indian restaurant in Lubbock but it is still really good and a nice change from the usual.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

As a previous resident of Northern Virginia and Bahrain, I have sampled a few of the award winners in Indian Cuisine (as seen in my Jaipur of Fairfax, VA review) and Sri Maharaja continues to impress me. The food is consistently great! They offer many of the lamb and chicken favorites in mild, medium, and hot levels of spice. The owners do a fantastic job of staffing the restaurant with extremely courteous people who make you feel as if you are their only priority. My wife and I love the "bread basket" sampler and many of their dishes including their classic Chicken Tikka Masala (commonly known as Butter Chicken). I would encourage anyone in Lubbock who is curious about Indian cuisine to give Sri Maharaja a try!

1  Thank ByLandSeaAirBlog