“Nice people, but clientel made me a bit nervous.”
Review of Motel 6 Lubbock

Motel 6 Lubbock
Ranked #63 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Our office person was very sweet, cordial and helpful. We had a very late arrival and the guest specialist saw to it that our room was held. The room was cleani, but after reading previous reviews about the beds, couldn't help but be leary but there was no problem. We did have "stomping" folks above us but finally got used to it. Our room was cleaned between nights of our stay. I would suggest increased outdoor lighting for parking lot and sidewalks. Not a bad stay at all, just no whistle and bells which was fine for this trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Okay, where to start. My husband works in the oilfield, and we though motel 6, they should be pretty good, boy were we wrong. Number one, the prices were crazy, we were staying in a single bed kitchenettes paying 51 a night, whereas our friends were staying in a double bed kitchenettes, only paying 47 a night. We were told by the manager that since we would be staying here so long, he would give us the room for 43 a night, but when we went to pay for the next few nights, we were told we were lying because the manager didn't put a note beside my husbands name. So now were paying anywhere from 51 to 55 a night, depending on who is working. Our room stinks horribly, there are probably 50 flies in our room, buzzing and flying at your face. The maid has only come 2 times in a week, and the one time I said I needed new sheets, she said she would bring them to me, but nope, no sheets. They won't even bring us towels, we have to get them our selves. Then, what really broke the camels back is Lucy. She is an older woman, I'm not sure what ethnicity she is, I would guess Hispanic, but I'm not good at that. Anyway, Lucy is very rude. She wouldn't let me use my husbands card to pay for the room, my wallet was stolen from my truck in this parking lot, and I have no ID now. My husband even told her that I could use the card, but no, she would not allow it, instead, I had to go wake up my husband, who had just went to sleep after working from ten the night before to ten this morning. He was extremely mad. Then to find out, I could have done it the whole time, she just wanted to be difficult. Not to mention, the fact that while I was trying to talk with her about me paying for the room, she kept interrupting me to assist the customers that came in after me. Very unprofessional and very rude. We would have left this hotel for another one, but we needed the kitchen and this was the cheapest kitchenettes we could find. Also, there were 2 different drug busts here during our stay. It's basically a motel 6 for crackheads. Something should really be done. We are leaving in the morning, and next time, I will spend the extra 15 a night to not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Mikaela-Aldy
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I had a great experience. The people at the front desk were very very friendly!!! I also loved the new renovations!!!! I would love new flat screen TVs to match the new updates!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank felenaleyva26
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This place is a total dump and needs to be torn down!! I stay at Motel 6 all over Texas,Colorado,Oklahoma, and New Mexico attending AKC dog shows. This was the first time I had to check out early becuase of the poor state of the hotel!! We were moved three different times before we got a room with a working toliet. The rooms are beyond gross and dirty. My dogs were infested with lice after staying only one short night. The staff is very friendly but not much they can do when the property is literaly falling down around them. AVIOD THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Texasdogshowgirl
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Old CIGARETTE SMELL in my non-smoking room, BARKING DOGS in rooms above me, and a pointless reservation process are only the beginning of this bad experience. If you can mentally get past the feeling that you are going to catch some STD from the bedding, you still have to deal with the nagging thought that your car is going to be stolen if you close your eyes. There were homeless men hitting up guests at night for money as they walked to and from their cars.

I filled out the Motel 6 survey and received a prompt reply from "Jillani Roberts." The email was from a "no-reply" email address (essentially eliminating dialogue) assuring me that they had no intention of making it right.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mbb98a
Reviewed June 28, 2010

rude clerks check in to for ever clerk was on phone with bf or husband no soapp or shampo one towel woke up with rash on both legs from bed bugs I would never stay here again

Reviewed December 17, 2007

Tried the toll-free number shown on Google for the Lubbock Motel 6 ([--]). It rang to a private residence on the East Coast. Had to use the direct dial number. Why can't this Motel 6 get their toll-free phone number right?

Stayed: December 2007