“dinner and a show!”

Hayashi
Ranked #47 of 611 Restaurants in Lubbock
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hayashi si Lubbock's premier Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar. We offer a varity of different seating arrangements to accommidate each of our guest. From the entertainment of the Hibachi grill to the quite table for two. You are sure to find what you need at Hayashi.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Get a hibachi table and the chef cooks your food right in front of you...with a few complimentary tricks! Tons of great tasting food, excellent service. If you like sushi, this is the place for you as well!

1  Thank MiCro113

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have a birthday party over there. When I booked a table, a guy who answer was so so so rude when I described that we had 5 adults and a child and he stopped me right after I mentioned 5 adults and said that at least 6 people for booking a table. When I corrected that actually we had 6, and his attitude was like I was a big liar.
What kind of service for a high-end restaurant is that.
Very nice waiters, food is ok, price is overprice, a tempura sushi with only 4 pieces for $15, it's ok for a luxury res. However, that guy ruined our night.

1  Thank Rachael N
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Extremely good food...at least what we had, which was Hibachi Chicken for me and Hibachi beef for my guest. Salad wasn't anything special, but the soup was great and the main course was delicious. Extremely flavorful and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you are heading to Lubbock and hankering for some sushi, I don't know where else you'd want to go but Hayashi! Freshest sushi I've had outside of a big city - ever?! The only reason why I didn't mark it as excellent is because I thought the rolls were small for the price charged - considering this is not a big metro getting big metro prices and I got the fried ice cream and that was a huge dissapointment (more on that later in the review). But, the quality is top notch for this area - fresh and tasty. Try the lobster tempura roll - fantastic...and do not go without trying their kani salad - amazingly good but the portion could have been bigger but still really yummy, just as the sushi could have been bigger but still delicious! But everything was fresh and delivered quickly and tasty, so I wasn't complaining but you will probably have to order more here than you may at other sushi joints. Also, try the Japanese Coke Float, this is really and truly a refreshing alcoholic drink that you will have never tried before and after you have it, you'l want to ask your bartender for it again and again! It's delicious and surprisingly low in price. Another thing I didn't like is no prices on the drink menu - they need to list that out. So, eat from the main menu that's where the bliss is, do not order from the dessert menu. The fried ice cream was definitely something they bought pre-made and it didn't have any taste and was tiny and under the fried part was an ice cream ball made with a melon baller - it was that small. Skip it and go for the good stuff. Looks like people were really enjoying the Hibachi show as well, maybe I will try this when I go back and tack on some sushi on the side! Because I know this is my go-to when I come back to Lubbock!

1  Thank nygal5
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I took the family there last night. We had sushi and hibachi. The hibachi fare was ok, but the sushi rolls were very good. The specialty rolls were very tasty. The service was very good and everyone was nice from the front door to the table. The place was hopping, but we got right in.

5  Thank discip1e

Been to Hayashi? Share your experiences!