“Good value for money”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Central Texas
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We had a good customer service experience. By some goof-up, we ended up reserving a room with single king bed. But the front desk staff very quickly changed it to the room 2 queen beds without hassle.

Sleep quality, space, quality of beds and cleniless were all good.

But the breakfast the next morning was bad. The choices were limited. The biscuit was not flaky at all. The waffle was OK but the syrup wasn't good. We just ate a toast each and left.

The fitness room was OK. They could make it a lot more better but it serves the purpose as is.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 4 days ago

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family. I am concerned after reading your review and would like to apologize for the staff at this location not exceeding your expectations.

It is my pleasure to inform you a new management team is in place and have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

As a Best Western guest: your safety and security is our number one priority. We have an open door policy; our door is always open and should be reached at any time our property or one of our staff members has failed to provide you a high level of safety and security or a clean and comfortable room. If someone is dissatisfied with their experience, for even the smallest thing, we work very hard to correct it immediately in order to turn their experience around. We encourage all of our guests to inform staff of any and all issues on site so it is possible to correct it immediately. If a member of management is unavailable: our front desk will leave a message for our General Manager to call you as soon as possible. I assure you the issues you experienced previously are not the case and will never be the case ever again.

Please give our property and new management a chance to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’. Sorry again for your experience with the previous management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Clayton, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I loved there cash payment policy. It made it very easy for a couple without leaving a credit card number. The breakfast was good and the room was very clean. I slept very good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

I usually stay at another hotel when I travel to Lubbock, but decided to give this a try. Very pleasantly surprised. The price was better than I expected, and the service was top notch. Very friendly staff, and responsive to my needs. Had a wonderful stay, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

Great stay. Close to I-27 on-off ramps. Quiet rooms. Breakfast ready when stated.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Duncan, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

We reserved 2 doubles and got 2 doubles. Both were clean and comfortable. The available breakfast was reasonable. The staff was very friendly. We had no problems during our 2-night stay. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed here for Tech Parent's Weekend October 2010 and was not expecting anything more than a clean, comfortable room even though I was being charged double the regular room rate with a two night minimum requirement since they clearly take advantage of the fact that it's Parent's Weekend.
The room was probably one of the worst I've ever stayed in, I've travelled quite a bit for business over the years and if I could have moved to another hotel I would have, however, there were no other rooms available in town. The furniture and flooring was dingy, the bedding was stained, the bathtub/shower (spa?) was in the bedroom instead of the bathroom and the bathroom itself was deteriorated. The room was just extremely tired and therefore didn't feel clean or comfortable. It was so not worth what I paid.
In addition, the internet connection was spotty at best. I probably spent more time logging and re-logging in than I actually spent with a working connection. The only good feature of the room was that the AC worked.
Also, when I left the room Saturday morning thankfully to be gone for the entire day, the housekeeper just outside my room asked if I wanted my room cleaned. When I answered yes, she looked annoyed. Needless to say, the customer service here is sorely lacking. However, I did not let this bad experience ruin my Parent's Weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank katieannk

Verden, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

This was a clean, helpful, happy, and "great breakfast" place to stay for the one night we were there!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple