“KIDS DON'T WANT TO LEAVE”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My kids loved the swimming pool so much I have to extend stay for two more days, we were on vacation anyways, hotel was nice overall with easy access to everywhere in Lubbock. I was surprised reading others' review, we had n excellent stay, we never ran into any issues. sorry to say, I am not cheap to blackmail retailers to get few bucks' discount or something free. I will recommend this hotel to families travelling with kids without any hesitation. Hot breakfast every morning was a deal and I saw staff working as a family members.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sam_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank You very much.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here on a Sunday night, was able to get a room no problem and the price was great (even with their pet fee ($10)). I was a little nervous because some reviews had said their rooms smelled like smoke but my room smelled just fine, was very clean, and I slept great! I was able to hop about 1/2 mile down the road for some burgers and a few drinks, and able to walk back just as easily. Very nice hotel, easily accessible, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Sam_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank You so much.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the other best western (palms) the first time in Lubbock. The second time I stayed at the Windsor Inn. It was nicer than the Palms. Both times I used the net to book the room. So, when I needed to move in, I rented a room so my elderly mother who was helping me wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. Apparently, this time payment was not received. I repeatedly called the internet company. Eventually, they worked it out and paid $65 to the hotel; although, I paid $96.04 for the room. The hotel checked us in, and then about an hour later called up saying I needed to pay an additional $35 to them or leave without a refund. I was told the "manager" Danny made the decision. The staff would not let me speak to Danny. They would not let me speak to any supervisor. They would not tell me Danny's last name or provide me with an employee id number or phone number. When I asked for a corporate PR number, they told me corporate has absolutely no authority over them. After talking for awhile, I found out Danny is an Indian who actually owns the Windsor Inn. I contacted the site I used to book the room for the fourth time. At this point, they were demanding the site pay them $99 for the room I paid $96.04 for online. The site refused, since their accounting department was closed. The staff kept apologizing for not doing as much as they could have done. So, he kicked us out, because I would not pay ~$125+ for the room while refusing to let me speak to anyone beyond the front desk. My 65 year old mother had to sleep on the floor of my vacant apartment. And to top it off, I forgot something in the room and when I re-entered the lobby the staff was disparaging us as "overly-demanding" to other customers and dismissing their concerns. Also, when I entered I suspect I witnessed a drug deal between staff and a hispanic male with a shaved head. The girl behind the counter gave him a wad of cash with hundreds and twenties visible. He handed her a cup from a gas station and left. Also, no refund was issued. I ha

3  Thank Lee B

RACIAL Comments? SUSPECTING a drug deal ? Just because your internet website meesed up your reservation ? Our legal team only allowed me to write these much response publicly as this is a pending legal proceeding to get to the bottom of allegation by reviewer.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for our business with TTU & UMC, we booked it at last minute for bargain price, expected to be in just a highway motel but surprisingly after check in we found it a steal. It was very well kept, clean and friendly staff. Breakfast was a surprise, we didn't had much time to scan but it look pretty crowded so it must be good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sam_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place is a joke!! Don't waste your money or time. Rude and unfriendly staff!! Toilets broken told staff when they had more than one person , they didn't take care of it and the one person that was here didn't have the time or know how to fix! Pool table missing 3 balls told staff they didn't care and didn't even offer a refund in curtsy only a dollar also rude to my kids when it was brought to their attention like they wish we wouldn't bother them with it.. The tread mill wasn't working told staff they looked confused then after a while someone figured to unplug and reset it. Wife got on it to work out but had to stop because of jerkiness. They had no clue when it would be fixed. Pool looked a dark green color and hot tub was filthy. Finally spoke to someone about all these issues and they said they would report it to their manager when they were the only one there. Planned on 4 nights and making it 2 which is really 2 to many!!!

1  Thank Sean D

Our pool and fitness areas are very user friendly and are most used areas of the hotel. Especially on the summer weekends it stays highly occupied making it harder for our staff to keep up even trying to keep it clean 24 hours. But we will take your comments as an opportunity to improve and I hope that you will give us another chance in future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great hotel just off the freeway. Appearance was pleasent on the outside and inside. Friendly staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. Some noise was heard but not enough to disturb us. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Requesting a room on the other side of the highway will eliminate noise issue for very sensible sleepers-just a tip. By the way thank you for your review and will see you soon again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very impressed how best western brand is coming along and improving, this hotel made me think about best western every time I need to stay somewhere. Very economical, clean and great rewards program. Room was nice with hot items in breakfast and smiley faces.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thanks a lot, see you in future.