“Well worth it!”

Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel for the Texas Tech vs OU game for the weekend and the ladies at the front desk were very kind. They helped us with our luggage because they saw we had tons of it. They were very informative on everything from the weather to the traffic on gameday. The young lady working in the morning even called me a cab early because I had mentioned to her what time we were planning on going and she said she knew the cabs would take a long time to come so she went ahead and already called it for us. I really appreciated her looking out for us like that. Their breakfast was wonderful in the morning with everything from waffles to sausage to eggs. The staff and management made us feel right at home and accommodated us our every need to the best of their abilities.

• Stayed October 2012
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our hotel and staff. I am so glad that you decided to stay with us on your visit. we pride ourselves on our services and wonderful amenities to offer. Here at Best western we do love treating everyone like family. To us, guests are like family as they return time after time. Thank You again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Athens, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff at this hotel are the happiest and friendliest I have ever seen and I travel alot!!!

It must be a great place to work!!!!

Very clean, great breakfast, attractive rooms and easy access.

I'll never stay anywhere else in Lubbock.

Room Tip: I always go with a king non-smoking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. We all always try to do best to serve our valued guests. Positive feedback from our guests encourage us to do even better. Thank You again. We look forward to see you soon.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed with small pet. Room was on sale for $69 plus $10 for the dog. Had ground floor king non-smoking room. Very clean and tastefully decorated. Had a nice recliner which I sat in and wathced the Packers get screwed. TV was large and swiveled. Breakfast was typical and good except coffee was way too weak. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet despite it facing the highway. Staff was very helpful. I feel bad for the people who had poor experiences here (see other reviews) but mine was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ArmyLori
Thank you very much for taking time to write review for our hotel. Feedback from our guests makes us improve all the time. Myself and my staff appreciate your business very much. we hope to see you soon again for your future stay. Thank you again.
Austin, TX
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'd give zero stars if I could. I checked in on September 16th after pre-paying, site unseen. The room was disgusting: dirt on the floor, stains on the sheets, the smell of cigarette smoke despite being a non-smoking room...horrible. I packed my car, went back to the desk to check out, returned the keys, and stayed somewhere else.

I made the mistake of actually believing the employee who said I was good to go without providing me with any kind of receipt upon checking out, and I (stupidly) did not ask for one. Well, apparently the woman who checked me out did not document doing so, because the hotel claims they have nothing documenting that I did in fact leave. They claim I just "never showed up for breakfast" and they "have no idea what happened." I invite them to review security footage, where they will see for themselves video evidence that I did check out, and they can also feel free to read the electronic key record, where they will see the door was accessed only one time.

Best Western is now refusing to return my calls and voicemails, saying the "manager is not available" every time I attempt to talk to someone for a refund. I emailed the corporate office, who said the manager "has already spoken to me and would not be giving me a refund." Well, THAT response was the first and ONLY one I have received in WEEKS. And why no refund? I'm being charged $537.72 for a trashy room that was so bad I couldn't even stay in it!!

Any other hotel (or business, for that matter) would be ashamed of themselves for not only providing sub-standard service, but also for treating their customers so poorly by not even apologizing or offering a refund, choosing instead to call me a liar.

STAY AWAY. These crooks will STEAL your money!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimmykinz
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Travel agency of yours is the one who you are supposed to be blaming to who booked the VERY DEEP DISCOUNTED NON CANCELLABLE rates for your package. Per our records you never entered the room so in reality you have no idea how our rooms are. Sorry to say.
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Absolutely horrible conditions. We were in Lubbock for Texas Tech parent weekend to visit our son. We made reservations at this hotel and paid a ridiculous rate, more than The Overton, they were booked. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!! The room was disgusting. It smelled of urine, and was dark and dingy. I was afraid to let my young boys walk barefooted on the floor. The toilet didn't work, and when they attempted to repair it, it ran all night. The bathtub would not drain, so we stood in 3" of water to shower. The sheets and towels were yellow/beige, rather than the typical white you see in other hotels. I'm not sure if they were clean. We were charge $189.99 per night + tax for this nasty room. The normal rate is $79.99, which is still too much for this place. My husband spoke to the owner/manager several times about the conditions and he simply said, "I'm sorry," Upon departure, we complained one last time and questioned the extreme rate hike for the weekend. They replied, "That's just business." My husband left numerous messages with the front desk asking the owner to call us back and simply make things fair by charging us the regular rate per night (which is still way too high for this dump) and refunding the overages. No return call. We called Best Western corporate and they said that the hotel is franchised and the most they could do is give us an $80 gift card to stay at a future Best Western. We will be contacting the health department and Better Business Bureau. Shame on the Best Western Plus Windsor owner/management. They should be ashamed!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beware. Do not stay here. It is a hazardous to your health. The management feels no obligation to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Russ H
Our everyday low prices holds great exceptional VALUE among all hotels in Lubbock and that is why we have very strong repeat customer base. I appreciate you for making wise choice by booking online reservation while going thru all available options and finding great value. Whoever made the decision must have made decision after comparing rates with other hotels. Your multiple nights stay at our hotel is the proven fact that room and hotel was perfectly upto your satisfaction. Best Western is the only brand where you can still get $80 in return even without fault of hotel. Other hotel you mentioned in your review would have immediately kicked your family out of the hotel for the abusive and violent behaviour of your husband towards the female employees of the hotel. Anyways we still appreciate you for taking time to write review online, please keep it up. Thanks and god bless.
Paris, France
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good motel. Convenient location. Excellent breakfast. Will return to this location every time in Lubbock. The place has easy access from I-27 and there are a number of excellent restaurants for dinner within 5 minutes drive time. And the staff at the desk is very friendly, helping you out with stationary and all your office needs.

Room Tip: Ask for room on lower level. No elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2017
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It has been our pleasure serving you. It’s wonderful to hear about your last visit, we always listen to what our guests have to say as it helps us provide even better hospitality and leaves our guest with the best impression.

At Best Western Plus Lubbock Windsor Inn, we believe service is key and all of our staff strives to ensure an exceptional experience for every guest. We also believe in the principle Best Western was founded on, which is to “treat every guest like family”. I hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again!
Gruver
Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the check-in to the perfect room, good night of sleep and breadfast in the morning, this is my favorite place to stay in Lubbock. To keep my Insurance Adjusters License current, I am required to complete 30 hours of continuing education each 2 years. Some of those hours are completed in the Lubbock area and this is my "Home away from home".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.