“Absolutely unacceptable.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Aledo, Texas
“Absolutely unacceptable.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Absolutely horrible conditions. We were in Lubbock for Texas Tech parent weekend to visit our son. We made reservations at this hotel and paid a ridiculous rate, more than The Overton, they were booked. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!! The room was disgusting. It smelled of urine, and was dark and dingy. I was afraid to let my young boys walk barefooted on the floor. The toilet didn't work, and when they attempted to repair it, it ran all night. The bathtub would not drain, so we stood in 3" of water to shower. The sheets and towels were yellow/beige, rather than the typical white you see in other hotels. I'm not sure if they were clean. We were charge $189.99 per night + tax for this nasty room. The normal rate is $79.99, which is still too much for this place. My husband spoke to the owner/manager several times about the conditions and he simply said, "I'm sorry," Upon departure, we complained one last time and questioned the extreme rate hike for the weekend. They replied, "That's just business." My husband left numerous messages with the front desk asking the owner to call us back and simply make things fair by charging us the regular rate per night (which is still way too high for this dump) and refunding the overages. No return call. We called Best Western corporate and they said that the hotel is franchised and the most they could do is give us an $80 gift card to stay at a future Best Western. We will be contacting the health department and Better Business Bureau. Shame on the Best Western Plus Windsor owner/management. They should be ashamed!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beware. Do not stay here. It is a hazardous to your health. The management feels no obligation to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Russ H
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Our everyday low prices holds great exceptional VALUE among all hotels in Lubbock and that is why we have very strong repeat customer base. I appreciate you for making wise choice by booking online reservation while going thru all available options and finding great value. Whoever made the decision must have made decision after comparing rates with other hotels. Your multiple nights stay at our hotel is the proven fact that room and hotel was perfectly upto your satisfaction. Best Western is the only brand where you can still get $80 in return even without fault of hotel. Other hotel you mentioned in your review would have immediately kicked your family out of the hotel for the abusive and violent behaviour of your husband towards the female employees of the hotel. Anyways we still appreciate you for taking time to write review online, please keep it up. Thanks and god bless.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Paris, France
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good motel. Convenient location. Excellent breakfast. Will return to this location every time in Lubbock. The place has easy access from I-27 and there are a number of excellent restaurants for dinner within 5 minutes drive time. And the staff at the desk is very friendly, helping you out with stationary and all your office needs.

Room Tip: Ask for room on lower level. No elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2017
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It has been our pleasure serving you. It’s wonderful to hear about your last visit, we always listen to what our guests have to say as it helps us provide even better hospitality and leaves our guest with the best impression.

At Best Western Plus Lubbock Windsor Inn, we believe service is key and all of our staff strives to ensure an exceptional experience for every guest. We also believe in the principle Best Western was founded on, which is to “treat every guest like family”. I hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again!
Gruver
Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the check-in to the perfect room, good night of sleep and breadfast in the morning, this is my favorite place to stay in Lubbock. To keep my Insurance Adjusters License current, I am required to complete 30 hours of continuing education each 2 years. Some of those hours are completed in the Lubbock area and this is my "Home away from home".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.
Clovis, NM
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Having to catch early flights out of the Lubbock,airprot, I began staying at the BW Windsor Inn in Lubbock, Texas. Over the past several years, the hotel has been upgraded with better mattresses on the beds, a great variety of breakfast items, better WiFi reception in the rooms, and other amenties. But most of all, the staff handles every professionally and courteously. One one occasion, I arrived during a snow storm. I was cold and tired from driving. I checked to see if there was any coffee. What was available was a bit stale; but, the desk clerk offered to make a a fresh pot. In a matter of a few minutes, I was enjoying a nice fresh cup of hot coffee and good conversation with the clerk on duty. It was a warm welcome on a cold night.

A hotel can have all the amenities in the world, but it's the staff that makes a stay pleasant. Best Western makes a point of making guests feel welcomed. That's why I also stay at Best Western when I am where one is located.

Room Tip: Ask for what you desire. The staff will do their best to provide it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Seneca
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel has some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The rooms were very clean and the service staff was very courteous. The breakfast is always fresh and well kept. The hotel has a 5 star rating as far as I am concerned

Room Tip: The upper floor is quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to help my daughter move in for school and the staff was extremely friendly. We had a lot of luggage so the manager personally came out and helped us get our bags into our room. When we needed directions to get to the university, the front desk agent not only helped us get to the university and even looked up the exact directions to the dorm for us. The staff was also very knowledgable about the restaurants and places in Lubbock. The rooms were amazing and looked very elegant and clean. For the price I paid, I believe it was well worth it

• Stayed August 2012

Mineral Wells, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very comfortable stay. Excellent customer service. Healthy varieties of complimentary breakfast. My family will proudly recommend it to all travelers. Very easy to find from interstate. kids love the pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family