“I won't stay there again”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I won't stay there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent one night each at two different occasions at this hotel. It has been newly renovated and it appears clean. However, the cleaning crew does NOT do a good job cleaning. I cleaned the fixtures before I used the sink since soap was smeared all over it and tooth paste was on the countertop from previous guest. I wiped it all down with my disinfecting wipes. During our second stay I even killed a cockroach in the morning (5am) right outside the bathroom. That just killed it all for me with this hotel.
Beds were sort of disgusting to me….not to my husband though.
Beds were also super uncomfortable with thin hard mattresses. I was glad when we left and I will never ever stay there again. The second time the complimentary toiletries were missing also.
Breakfast was okay. I didn't like the watered down juice and cheap coffee. Eggs and sausage were okay. Somehow I had the feeling that everything was cheap in this place. It's not to my liking and not clean.
Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't take room 136. It is next to the laundry room and people do laundry until past midnight wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Madam, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Thank you for noticing recent renovations and upgrades. Also we appreciate your remarks of our 'I CARE' staff being very friendly. This is the first time someone complained about cockroach, as your room was near alternate entrance, may be it slipped inside thru the door while someone left it open. We will take your experience about cleaning of granite countertop to our professional cleaning staff for detail investigation. Juice machine in the breakfast are is provided and serviced by COCA COLA and mix of concentrate and water is factory defaulted, there are no adjustments to change proportions, but we will forward your waterdown juice complain to coca cola. Firmness of our mattresses is normal, considering the fact that each individual have their personal preference, some hotel chains previously mandated adjustable mattresses or memory foam etc but that made it even worst so they have to terminate that program, we have majority guests who compliments our tripple sheeted duvet covered bedding with varity of pillows, I am glad your husband liked it.
At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. The staff was great, the room was great. Absolutely no complaints! The beds were unbelievably comfortable!!!! Will definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
On behalf of our entire ' I CARE ' team I would like to thank you for posting online review, we can't wait to welcome you next time. See you soon.
Arlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was very pleased with the employees. I actually left my phone in the room after I checked out and it was turned into housekeeping.

Only complaint I have is the doors did not shut unless you pushed them shut.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and we assure you we will make a note of your concern regarding door and will try to to adress the issue asap. Thank You so much for your honest review.
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

We arrived late night and the service was just remarkable which is usually the opposite for other hotels. Even in the mourning the service was amazing and their breakfast was very good! We are going to make best western our hotel from now on. Thanks alot!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
On behalf our entire team I would like to thank you for your review. Our promise to you that you will receive the same great service each and every time in future.
Chico,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We travel almost every weekend of the year making at least 3 trips a year to Lubbock,TX on ministry trips. We always stay at the Best Western Windsor Inn .It is a very nice placce to stay ,cleanm convenant to shopping etc. has a nice indoor swimming pool, excellent breakfast .We will be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank You very much for taking time to acknowledge our exceptional customer service. Wehope to see you again soon.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travel on Govt. business almost every month to Lubbock, used to stay at competitors of theirs was disappointed last couple of times so decided to try this Best Western, even late night I was greeted professionally, was offered help with luggage, room was nice and clean, got wake up call on time, breakfast was good litle crowded though. Overall it exceeded my expectations compared to what I paid.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
We appreciate your kind words. Thank You very much.
Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Good place to stay, clean and quiet. Pet friendly if needed as well.

Room Tip: This hotel is good. .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family