“Clean but noisy”

Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Clean but noisy”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel was clean and has nice rooms, however, the walls are paper thin. My daughter and I arrived on Friday evening and were exhausted from a 5 hour drive. Our room was on the 1st floor and we could hear everything in the surrounding rooms as well as the lobby. Saturday night was just as bad. There was a child running back and forth in a room above us all night long. Needless to say, 5 hours of sleep over the weekend did not make for a pleasant trip. If you are looking for a good night's sleep, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm incredibly sorry to see that the surrounding noise put a damper on your stay with us, Layla. After a long drive like that, I can certainly understand how a good night's sleep would be in order, and I apologize that we weren't able to provide that for you. Did you reach out to the front desk about the noise from the room above you? please next time let
front desk cleark know so they will take care the problem. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope we can make it up to you the next time you're in Lubbock.

Marvin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a king suite 2 nights for Family Weekend at Texas Tech. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The shower was large with a nice showerhead. The breakfast was better than average. Location was close to shopping and restaurants. The reason for average value is like other hotels in college towns, they typically double their prices and require a 2 night minimum on game weekends, so for $474 including taxes, it was expensive. But, I would stay again, hopefully not on game weekends.

• Stayed September 2013
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Glad to hear your first stay with us impressed on all levels! Providing you with a comfortable, clean home-away-from-home is our main goal, so you can always count on us for a top-notch experience. While football weekends can certainly get a bit hectic in Lubbock, we pride ourselves on maintaining reasonable prices compared to our competitors. I hope we'll see you and your family again when you're back in the area!

Amarillo, TX
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I frequently write reviews to help other travelers. I always look for a newer property and a good value along with it. I read other reviews on this hotel. I found them to be correct. I will add some suggestions to help the General Manager improve his hotel.
I arrived on Sunday night to find two gentlemen in front of me. I was surprised it was that crowded at 4 PM. Check in went fine. The room was very nice, modern and clean. The hotel was quiet and very pleasant and fresh. It is just off of Loop 289. There is not much around it on 34th Street, but Lubbock is fairly easy to get around in, as it has numbered streets and lettered cross streets from A to Z.
I always ask for a room on the top floor for less noise. Our room was on 4 facing the back side of the hotel. They make cookies in the afternoon, and popcorn also. This is a nice gesture. The hotel is well laid out and easy to get around in.
I went into the Business Center to use the computer and neither computer would work. I told the guy at the front desk. The next morning, I was asked by another front desk employee, if the computer was working. That was impressive that a different employee followed up directly with me.
The breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles you can bake yourself, and of course, sausage, and biscuits that particular day. She brought out fresh ones, as we had come down near 9 AM, which is the end of the breakfast hour there.
Others mentioned the shower. It WAS great! A walk in shower with great temperature, a large showerhead and water pressure. Also, TWO people can get in and not feel crowded in there.

I also look for a pool and hot tub when I travel and take full advantage of those. The area looked new, nice and clean. I do have a couple of suggestions. The hot tub was not real warm. I would say it was in the 90's. Usually 100-102 is a good temperature. Many hotels do not keep them very warm. I did ask them if they could turn it up a little. The next morning Amber indicated they had or would do that. But the 2nd night, it was no warmer. There were lots of suds once we got in, also.
The pool was clean. And a good temperature, not too hot or cool. BUT this pool had lots of salt in it. I swim laps, so I got a little water in my mouth accidentally, or I would not have noticed. Maybe this is helpful to keeping it clean, I am not sure. Possibly some other method could be used to minimize the salt.

Restaurants are mainly across town at 50th, over in the University/Tech area, or out on the Southwest side off the Loop. There is a Market Street United grocery store at 19th and Quaker. I work for the company, and this is a 24 hour store and VERY beautiful.

All in all,, it was a very nice stay. There are many hotels to choose from, new and otherwise, but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor and on the backside of the hotel facing east.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irish4love
Thanks so much for the review and for the constructive feedback! We are still fairly new, so comments like yours are instrumental in helping us adjust and improve as a hotel. Our staff works hard to make every guest feel welcomed and well cared for, so I'm pleased to hear they stayed on top of your needs. I'll certainly pass your compliments along to them! As far as the pool and hot tub, we'll definitely pass this feedback on to our maintenance staff. Hopefully both will be much more to your liking on your next visit! Thanks again for the glowing review and we'll look forward to hosting you the next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The rooms are amazing for the price (large room,nice modern tv,mini fridge,microwave) the service is average defiantly not great but not bad either.The location is pretty good too(close to the strip mall). I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for this short and sweet review about us! Offering our guests an amazing room is what we're aiming for. That said, we're also aiming for amazing service too, so I'm a bit disappointed to hear we didn't make a better impression on you. We're always trying to become better so feel free to reach out to us with more feedback about how we could improve in that area.

Thanks again for your feedback! We'll see you the next time you're in Lubbock.

Lubbock
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a huge plumbing problem at my apartments and needed a close facility for a couple of nights. I was extremely pleased with the senior rate for this new hotel. When I checked in, the clerk was very nice and friendly, the lobby area clean and bright and fresh popcorn and cookies were available for a nice afternoon snack. The breakfast room is huge and very nicely furnished also. My room was clean and very new, really liked the long console with a desk and cubbies for the microwave and mini-fridge. Love the bathroom motion sensor light! Bonus...attached mirror by the sink with a magnifying side, perfect for putting on makeup. I had more towels in a single queen room than some facilities have for a double room! Really like the photo décor they chose for the hallways and rooms. Even though there is construction on the next lot and the Loop less than a block away, the noise was not bad at all, didn't even hear hall noise or traffic and I was across from the elevators. The breakfast buffet offered make it waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, hot biscuits and gravy in addition to fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls. Being in West Texas tortillas were also available for burritos. Being local I probably won't be needing a motel again but if I did, would certainly return to Sleep Inn. And I will recommend it to anyone who asks. Very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
It was our absolute pleasure to make your stay with us enjoyable as possible! Guest comfort is one of our highest priorities, and I'm happy to know that we were able to make your stay with us like a home away from home.

Thanks for taking the time to write this detailed review about us — we truly appreciate your support. I hope you don't run into any more plumbing problems, but we'll be here if you need a place to stay.

Oklahoma!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Lubbock last week for work and stayed at the Sleep Inn. The hotel is pretty new, and the price was great. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Exactly what I look for a in a mid-priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the wonderful review! Providing you with a top-notch experience at a reasonable price is our main goal, so you can always count on us for a comfortable, clean room and outstanding service. We'll look forward to hosting you the next time you're in the area!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here late July of 2013 for one night so we could tour Tech Campus, which was a ten minute drive away. Hotel is new, so it was clean. Stayed in standard room with two queens. Decor was nice-accent painted wall so it's wasn't the "bright white" you sometimes find. Did not eat breakfast here or use the pool, but I did grab some coffee. The spread looked good-usual hot and cold options you find at many hotels. The desk clerk didn't seem too into his job, but he greated us promptly and got us checked in without issue. Would stay here again. Can't beat the price. The area was a bit sketchy, but I didn't see many "nice" residential areas off the loop. They are building something in front of the hotel, right off the feeder. Couldn't tell what it's going to be. Plenty of parking. I would stay here again. Couldn't beat the price and a new hotel is always appealing. Many restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Veronica4272
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, Veronica! College tours are certainly an exciting time and we're glad we could be here to make your visit even better. We know travel can be tough, which is why we strive to offer you all the comforts of home during your stay. Next time you stay with us, you'll have to try out our breakfast — we're confident it's the best in town! We'll look forward to hosting you again next time you're in Lubbock!