“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
Wichita, Kansas
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

One of the nicer hotels we've stayed at in a long time. It is modern and almost brand new. The TV was great and they had a lot of channels. The bathroom was large and modern, and the shower was great also. The beds were very comfortable. The location is good, as it is near a highway for travelers, but also has some shopping within 10 minutes or so if you need something to do. The hot breakfast was good enough. It definitely wouldn't give a restaurant a run for its money, but it was much better than a cold continental breakfast. The staff members we encountered and dealt with were all friendly. If we are ever through Lubbock again, we will for sure put this place at the top of our list.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We can't thank you enough for the wonderful review, Shaunway! Travel can certainly be stressful so we're happy to be able to provide you with some of the comforts of home when you stay with us. Kicking back with a refreshing beverage and a good TV show is the perfect way to relax after a long drive so I'm glad to see you took advantage of our cable options! Lubbock may be a little off the beaten path, but you should think about coming back for a football game in the fall. There's nothing like college football in Texas!

Marvin Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in Lubbock 5-6 times over the past 2 years. It's one of the top 3 in Lubbock, and probably the most affordable. The rooms are nice, the beds are great, the breakfast is very good, and the location is good.

I don't consider it a drawback, but the rooms have showers only. They may have rooms with tubs, but I have not stayed in one. The showers are very nice and very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! We're happy to hear that you keep coming back. Did you get a chance to try the waffles at breakfast? We might be a little biased, but we think they're pretty spectacular. Next time, ask us for a room with a hot tub and give yourself a little break amid all the travel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

UK
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just stayed one night here. We booked a king suite which was nice and large. It was decorated in a modern way and it was all well kept. The bed was very comfortable and quite high. The pillows were lovely and not lumpy at all. There was also a good settee.

The bathroom had a walk in shower and it was pretty powerful too. It also had lights that switched on when you walked in. There was a huge flat screen TV too.

The air con was good too as you set the temperature you want and it switched off and on as necessary.

The only downer - I suspect it was to do with the strong winds - was that there seemed to be an odd rattling sound coming from the corner of the room inside the wall (we were in a corner room in the motel). We thought it was the fridge at first but you could feel the wall vibrating! Can't help that wind though.

Will definitely stay here again if passing by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, February 4, 2014

Houston
Reviewed May 19, 2013

While in Lubbock over the past weekend, my family and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We had spent the previous night in another area hotel which had a severe bug problem, so we checked out and moved here for our second night in town. I have to say that the King room that my wife and I stayed in was one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in at any price. The finishes and fixtures were extremely nice, especially the huge walk in shower. My daughter, her husband and child had a double queen room, and it had a more standard bath with a tub, but still had the same quality finishes. I will definitely stay at this hotel again next time I'm in Lubbock.

Room Tip: Couples should absolutely get the King room with the walk in shower.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
TexGolfer,

Thanks for taking the time to write this fantastic review! We're so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to see it was under such circumstances that you ended up here, though! "Nicest rooms I've ever stayed in at any price" is quite a compliment! We strive to bring the comforts of home to you, so it's nice to hear we achieved that. Did you get a chance to try the breakfast while you were here? Not to toot our own horn, but it's pretty phenomenal. Hope to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have been disappointed in Choice Hotels at which I have stayed in the past, but this one was excellent. If other Choice Hotels are updated to the same quality as the Sleep Inn it would be a huge step in the right direction and they would probably earn more of my business. I selected the hotel because it had a more reasonably priced rate than other full service hotels nearby, and this fell more within my intended travel budget. I was pleasantly surprised with the amenities (fridge, microwave), and overall comfort of the room. Also the fitness center had towels, water, and new equipment available. The only shortcoming is that it is in a somewhat desolate neighborhood, but if you don't mind driving you are within a 10-15 minute drive of most key destinations in Lubbock. It is a well kept and newly opened hotel, and if the prices are still as competitive I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dallas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My son goes to Texas Tech and we have been looking for a nice place close to campus. We were very pleasantly surprised by the Sleep Inn. We were looking for a hotel for a night and it seemed like all the hotels in Lubbock were booked for a 4H deal going on at the University. I stumbled on this place and it was perfect. About 5 miles from campus and close to restaurants. The place is brand new and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was OK. Nothing special. One thing that was annoying was the motion light switch in the bathroom. While taking a shower the light would go off and the bathroom was totally dark. Also the light goes on when you really don't want it to in the middle of the night. Annoying.

One thing I want to mention is when I was checking in this lady was having an issue with the desk clerk. A young man. This lady had apparently left something in her room and was asking the clerk about it. He was very rude to her and didn't want to do anything to help her. i almost stepped in but didn't. This incident didn't concern me but I thought he could have at least tried to understand the woman's problem. He didn't care and was annoyed she was even there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write us a great review. How fortunate that you stumbled upon us and had a nice experience! We're happy to hear you thought the beds were comfortable — we know traveling can be stressful, so we try to keep it as comfortable as if you were at home sleeping in your own bed.

In the future, if you're ever having an issue with the motion lights, please let us know and we'll do everything we can to fix it. We'd hate for you to have to get ready in the dark! As far as the desk clerk, do you happen to remember who it was? We pride ourselves on our friendly service so I'm sorry if you witnessed anything less than that. We hope that we can continue to be your home away from home in Lubbock! See you next time!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel multiple times while traveling to Lubbock for work. Everytime I walked into the doors, I felt very welcome by the hotel staff. The man working at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. My rooms were always very clean and very comfortable. Also, as a woman traveling alone, I always felt safe. This is one of the better breakfasts that I have had at a Sleep Inn, with eggs and all the toppings for a breakfast burrito. I also enjoyed the cookies at night.

During my time traveling for work, this was one of the best hotels I stayed in. Whenever I am back in Lubbock I will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marvin P, General Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, March 13, 2014