“Great comfort food”
Review of Red Zone Cafe

Red Zone Cafe
Ranked #28 of 613 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Description: Total Diner....Totally Great. If you are expecting a 5 star eatery...stay away...if you want great service, go with the flow, hang with the locals and enjoy a blue plate special....go forth and conquer. I had grilled chiken with the Veggie of the Day, mashed taters, plus a cup of Chicken Gumbo...all was wonderful. I like my mashed taters with a little more of the skins and lumpier but hey that is just me...this is straight up out of the scooper with the rounded top b.c they were done with the ice cream spoon hahaha. Service is friendly and everyone knows everyone. I did not see anyone smoking or ashtrays on the tables so that was a plus for me. Parking is a little tricky. They also have a drive thru. Prices you cannot beat! Easy location too. Support your local community...do not eat at the chain places.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Red Zone delivers great food. Breakfast and lunch have always been great. It's always busy but we've never had an issue getting a table. Chicken fried steak, pork chops, salad and veggies have always been great. Service has been good each time.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a real dive. It is not super clean. It isn't fancy. Service can sometimes be a little slow.... but the breakfast is always good. We ate breakfast here two times on this business trip. We always enjoy it. Never had lunch here but it seems busy at lunchtime when driving by. We will be back I'm sure.

1  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Took wife hoping for a good breakfast while attending wedding in Lubbock. Very disappointed. Extremely dirty floors, employees pushing dirty carts set up shop right next to our table when trying to eat. Had huge refrigerators right out in the middle if floor that employees were opening/shutting constantly. Had a ton of old premade salad in bowls ready for lunch.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a family gathering here for lunch, and was outstanding! My wife and I each had the chicken enchiladas , prepared just right, and right temperature !

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews we decided to try the Red Zone on a stopover in Lubbock and we were not disappointed. The service was quick and friendly, the chicken fried steak was very good and the price was too good to believe! Definitely put this on your list of places to eat.