“sleeping in an ashtray”

Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
A TripAdvisor Member
Artesia, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

we had 2 rooms reserved, upon arrival we were checked into a room that was not cleaned. they moved us to a room that was very smelly. it was like sleeping in an ashtray. we had requested non smoking rooms, the clerk said that all the rooms on that floor smelled, everyone complains about them. that is the worst LaQuinta we have ever stayed in, I redeemed points on one room and we paid for the other one. I don't consider that much of a reward. I really think someone need to go check it out especially room #505. Room 523 was not as bad. when we checked out the clerk told us that they really need to do something because all the 5th floor smells, everyone always complains.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I came to this la quinta for the weekend because we needed to service my wifes car and thought we'd make a weekend of it. We brought our 2 dogs which was free of charge which was great. Everything else was just very average. The rooms had a moldy odor. The room in general was not very clean at all. I felt quite nasty being in it. Its unfortunate because I generally like la quinta hotels. Oh, also, there are always kids from out of town schools running around the hotel so, if you're looking for a quite stay, I wouldn't exactly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Room recently refurbished, but just lipstick on a pig... deteriorated faucets & bathroom mirror; marginal A/C. Poor attention to detail suggests lax management. Mildew around sink drain. Office-chair in our room was unsafe, wobbling dangerously at center post. Cramped bathroom, layout, with less than 7 feet from tub floor to ceiling. A "person of size" would have difficulty closing bathroom door. Carpet in public spaces needed a thorough vacuuming. No trash can liners (ick).

Although we arrived more than 2 hours after posted check-in time, our room was not ready. Free WiFi not working; promised call back from hotel’s tech support never came. Only pluses were friendly staff, and a good night's sleep in excellent bed, but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GPSguyAustin
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was greeted by staff and treated with respect. Arrived at 19:00 hrs. and room was not cleaned yet.
While entering room the garbage cans were not bagged with garbage bags.
The room and bathroom was not supplied with accessories.
The bath towels were left at very minimal supply.
The toilet was plugged up. I finally got the toilet plunger 2 hours later after going downstairs to plead with the attendant. The plunger was turned inside out. While properly making it usable the inside of plunger was full of feces.
The elevators smelled like someone spill diesel fuel inside them.
The hotel was packed with an estimated 500 guest with only one attendant.
The breakfast was adequate.
The hotel was very nice as well as the staff.
The biggest problem overall was the hotel was understaffed.
Big cudos to the staff for handling the guest as they did.
Shame shame on the management.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Fairly clean, fairly cheap. A client booked me here on a Priceline bid. I probably wouldn't stay here again. There is a restaurant within walking distance, El Chico. Other than that you will need a car. My view looked over a closed green pool and then onto "project" looking apartments.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are good rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This La QUinta is VERY good for access to Texas Tech events. You are no more than 3 minutes away from the campus and the rates are very reasonable. The breakfast is filling and you can get a quick bite, if needed. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean, but the water pressure was pretty weak in the toilet. We stayed here becasue of the needed access to Texas Tech and a breakfast, so they did not disappoint in both. If my daughter gets accepted to Tech and I have to visit often, I will definiely continue to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt C
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The lobby smelled of cigarettes. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever visited. Our room was on the second floor and I'm not sure what we heard all night, but it sounded like either the hotel elevator or the service elevator (our room was right above the check-in and not far from the elevators). There was hair in the floor of out bathroom and the sink was slow to drain and toilet was slow to flush. The tub was nasty. I don't know what more to say other than this place is nasty!!! To be fair, we didn't complain about anything since we weren't ever there 24 hours so I can't comment on staff or service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family