“Family Friendly Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“Family Friendly Stay”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Well if you're looking for a family-friendly location, this is it. Don't know why, but there are always a lot of families when I stay here. Of course, my kids love it too.

Start with the indoor pool. It's showing it's age, but still a very busy place. Hot tub is very good.

The manager's reception is good. Kids will like the finger-food and snacks. Adults will like the open bar - watch out for the margaritas!

The highlight though is the breakfast buffet. Time your arrival though, because the guests come in waves. Plan it right and you'll eat at a table otherwise you may have to take it back to your room - thus the only downside (a lack of seating). The made-to-order omelettes will win you over.

Rooms are up to Embassy standards and very clean. Staff is very courteous and friendly - one of the best I've encountered.

Summary: if you're staying with your family or don't mind kids this is your hotel. Otherwise, you might ask for a room near the front desk away from most of the activity.

• Stayed September 2013
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review of our property. I am pleased that our location was up to not only your standards, but your family's as well. The reception, breakfast, and staff receive the most compliments out of everything at our property. Thank you for allowing us to be among your personal recommendations. We hope we can welcome you back to Embassy Suites Lubbock in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on business for the state of Texas. It's usually difficult to get state government rates here, but I was lucky this time. The hotel was much nicer than I remembered a few years ago. The exercise facilities have moved and a few circuit training machines added in addition to the ellipticals and treadmills.
But, what really stood out this time was the exceptional service I received from the staff! The breakfast service was prompt and friendly. The service I received from Chris at the Manager's Reception was probably the best service I have received from anyone at a Hilton property period! He was always there with a refill at the perfect time and managed the crowd with ease. In addition, I was greeted by any hotel staff I passed during my stay. That definitely made my group feel welcome. The only negative thing I would say about my stay was the noise-level in the outside courtyard after 10pm. My room backed up to this courtyard and it almost seemed like the late-night smokers and drinkers were in the room with me. I'll just remember to get a room in a different part of the hotel the next time. All-in-all, I look forward to my next visit to this hotel and a few drinks from Chris!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, avoid rooms next to the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Wow!! Thank you for writing such a raving review!! We are blessed to have such an amazing staff and they are truly our best assets! Our goal is to make sure that every guest leaves satisfied,We appreciate you recognizing Chris and I will make sure he know about the great service he provided.We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel is very nice, clean and the breakfast is definitely a plus. The price is a little pricey but you pay for what you get. If your staying in Lubbock I definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms are spacious the only downfall it the restroom is a little small but very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast.We hope to see you again soon.
Apple Valley, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had to be away from home for 2 wks, it was definitely easier to do at the Embassy Suites!! This place is awesome. Food was amazing and the managers reception was quite lovely... Would recommend time and again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We LOVE to hear from our guest that stay several weeks.We feel that you truly get to enjoy all our complimentary offerings.We are delighted to hear that you experienced our great service! This is a goal that we hold in high importance.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have to say that this hotel stunned me. I am a "road warrior," that is, one who travels extensively for work. I have never been to a hotel where I literally had a positive experience with every single employee. The employees behaved like owners. They had smiles on their faces and made me feel like they all knew me. They went above and beyond in the little things. The food in the breakfast was great. The managers reception was very nice. The room, very clean and comfortable. Really, I can't say enough. A special thanks to Megan and Omar! I look forward to my return trip in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your time while here at Lubbock Embassy Suites. I know how tough it is to travel and be on the road. However, Being able to come to a place that not only feels like home but rather is home makes work not feel like work. From all of the Team here at Lubbock Embassy Suites we want to welcome you home.
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Been to a lot of hotels but this one's service and staff went way beyond the norm. The Manager's Reception was by far the best ever, if your drink got close to being low, they were there with another, maybe 2 if you wanted. Very friendly too.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I am pleased to see that overall you had a great experience.We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed the Managers Reception.Thank you again for choosing our property for your lodging needs.
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

While my room was on the front side by the highway and got a bit loud at times. The complimentary full made to order breakfast, and managers reception in the evening, definitely make this an excellent choice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay with us at our hotel Embassy Suites in Lubbock, TX. I sincerely apologize about the highway noise,We will definitely assign you to a quieter area on your next visit with us.On a great note we are glad you had a wonderful experience with Breakfast and our Managers Reception. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.