“Rough start overcame and exceeded”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Dallas, Texas
“Rough start overcame and exceeded”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Rough start, our room wasn't ready on time and then we were told that we needed to change rooms 5 minutes after my 1 year old had fallen asleep. In addition, upon arrival we had put into room service for a glass of milk for my son. After the very rough start, the manager, Michael A., and their front desk attendant, Kyle T., went above and beyond. My son finished his nap before we moved to our new room. When we inquired about the milk we had ordered, we where told they could not find the keys to their milk machine. So, to correct the problem Kyle already had someone in route to the local convenience store and only needed to know what kind of milk we needed (we ordered and 8 ounce glass and they brought back a half-gallon!). After the initial kinks had been ironed out, our stay was impeccable. The hotel has the feel of Spanish villa with an atrium and coy pond that is beautiful. The king suite that we stayed in was a very nice divided, two room suite that allowed my son to sleep/nap and still allowed my wife and I to be up without disturbing him. In addition to the separate rooms, the suite had a small wet bar with a microwave and refrigerator that made storing milk and snacks for our son very easy without having to run out every time he needed something. The service at the hotel was above and beyond, there was no single time that I entered/exited the lobby without being acknowledged by at least two members of the staff. My wife and I were very impressed with the hotel staff's level of service so much that, the desk attendant Kyle had bent so far backwards to help us that my wife and I actually decided to buy him dinner. By the time I left, I could not imagine staying anywhere else next time I am in Lubbock. If the manager Michael A. and Kyle T., are working while you are there, you are in good hands.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small children, make sure to reserve a pack-n-play from the hotel. Also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay with us. Although we always strive to be flawless, we do sometimes run into hiccups along the way. Thank you for your patience! I am so pleased we were able to provide an impeccable stay in the end. Kyle was excited to hear you mentioned him in your review, as he remembers taking care of your family during your stay. I promise that Kyle, as well as other associates, find it no trouble at all to go to any length to provide for our guest needs. It is always great to welcome guests back to the property. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here for orientation for Texas Tech U. Hotel is one of the best for comfort. Staff, by far some of the best in the business with friendly and upbeat smiles. Front desk staff went above and beyond what I normally expect for assistance. Will make this my "home" hotel when in Lubbock! Great job, Y'all!

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor with a corner room and slightly limited view of courtyard. Quiet though, a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review of your recent experience with us. We are so pleased to be your home hotel while you're in Lubbock visiting. We always try to go above and beyond for our guests. If there is anything at all you need throughout any of your visits to the property, please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Leakey, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have stayed in quality hotels all over the USA and found this hotel and staff were absolutely wonderful and we would recommend this facality and personnel to anyone who was in the area. We have stayed in other Embassy suites and while those were fine this hotel greatly exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I love that we were able to exceed your expectations as that is always our goal. I am so pleased that Embassy Suites of Lubbock is among your personal recommendations. We hope to see you again in the near future!
United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The staff is exceptionally helpful and professional. Everything the hotel offered was very appreciated by my family. I came in for a family wedding and so we had a pretty large group. All of the staff was so pleasant and made me and my family feel right at home. I really hated to leave! The guest service manager Michael was very nice, I enjoyed being welcomed by the front desk associates who checked me in, I can not remember their names but one was a young lady from Kingwood with a short haircut, and KP who I was told is soon to be in operations! (Congrats KP!) This hotel is Number 1 in my book!

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet however I believe it may have helped a little more that our rooms were on t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your outstanding review of your recent experience at our property. It is always our goal to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home while they stay with us. My associates Magan and KP, as well as myself, were pleased to see that you mentioned us! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the property on your next venture to Lubbock! Thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites.
Republic, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

You will not be dissapointed with this Hotel !!! Top notch service, great full service brekfast, managers reception in evening that includes free snacks and drinks, great atmosphere, awesome rooms, and the personel was fantastic !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at our property and everything it has to offer our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Embassy Suites on your next trip to Lubbock, TX.
Mansfield, tx, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Advise the front desk when you leave for the day that you would like for your room to be cleaned if you leave do not disturb sign on past 12pm. Otherwise, they will not clean your room. Other than that the hotel was nice.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Michael A, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at Embassy Suites. My front desk staff is always willing to pass on any message you may have for other departments in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property on your future visits to Lubbock, TX.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girl Friend and Had wonderful time the Embassy is a outstanding hotel and the Staff was wonderful. We had a Fruit tray and a Cheese order ahead and it came to our room as soon as we checked in it was very tasty.... The manager reception was very nice too. recommend stay at the Embassy in Lubbock anytime. The know how to treat you right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your outstanding review of our property! It is always a pleasure to get feedback from our guests. I am pleased to see your pre-orders and the experience at manager's reception was one that will allow our property to be among your recommendations. We look forward to your next stay at Embassy Suites in Lubbock, TX!