Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock
$80
Comfort Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$63
ComfortSuites
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$71
$97
$80
$121
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$89
$89
Hampton.com
$100
BestWestern.com
$76
$64
Studio 6 Lubbock TX(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$65
1,101 results
All reviewsevening receptionkoi pondfront deskcooked to order breakfastthe managersfree happy hourexcellent staythe entire staffcomplimentary breakfastmorning breakfastbreakfast stafffitness centerthe breakfast areai highly recommend this hotelgreat place to stayindoor poolgreat customer service
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I stayed here with my Mother while traveling cross country. We went thru here because I wanted to visit with my husbands niece who attends college in Lubbock.

This hotel was excellent for leaving my 82 year old Mother alone while I ran about with the young folks. She ordered room service (for the first time in her life) and said the food was OK (at her age Mom doesn't like to say too much positive stuff), but she thought the young man who delivered it was very pleasant and friendly.
I loved the breakfasts and the managers cocktail hour is great.

The room was wonderful, plenty of space and amenities, our room had a small frig and sink, as well as 2 televisons. Easy check-in and check out. Near many restauraunts and shopping facilities.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I stayed at the ES when I took my daughter to Lubbock for a recruiting visit at Texas Tech's "University Day". My daughter and I loved the hotel. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. (Special thanks to Samantha at the front desk!)

When we got stranded at the airport due to a problem with our University shuttle, I called the Embassy Suites and they arranged for a car to pick us up shortly.

The complimentary Happy Hour (manager's reception) and breakfast were very much enjoyed (and a great price!). The hotel's lobby and dining areas (and koi pond) are very beautiful. It was quite nice to dine and read near the running "waterfalls".

There is a mall and several restaurants and a Barnes&Noble within easy walking distance.

We did not use the pool or exercise facilities, but they looked inviting. I read that some guests have complained about noise but I did not encounter any such problems.

The only thing I could knock them for was the speed of service at the on-site restaurant. (I think they were simply understaffed that night.) It was no big deal for us, though. Since the surroundings were so pleasant, my daughter and I opened up to each other in conversation and enjoyed the wait.

It sounds crazy but I also have to mention the little bottles of soap, shampoo, and hand lotion that are provided in the rooms. I loved the smell of those "Rosemary infused" items! Nice touch!

I definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning. (FWIW, my daughter has decided to attend Texas Tech. Go Tech!)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 24, 2008

This hotel has a very unique layout and our room was located on the large atrium near the breakfast area.

Usual Embassy Suites style of 2 room suites.

A good breakfast, with a friendly staff. I always enjoy the evening cocktail hour, and they served chips and salsa.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I have stayed in Embassy Suites all around the county and they are one of my favorite chains, but my stay at the Lubbock Embassy Suites was not up to par.

First, as you can tell from the pictures on their web site, this hotel
is much smaller than most Embassy’s. It looked more like a remodeled La Quinta from the outside. The lobby area was nice with a pond with fish, etc.

The rooms seemed a little smaller than the normal, with the shower/
toilet area particularly small, and it had the somewhat annoying design of having the sink area in the bedroom. The quality of beds, TV, etc. was good.

The breakfast was good as usual with the ‘cook to order’ area exceptional. They had problems keeping the rest of the breakfast area stocked even though they did not seem particularly busy at any one time. The seating is spread out, so we found ourselves doing a lot of walking to find a seat.

The main annoyance was with the check-in and room selection. When we made our reservation we specifically requested a room in as quiet of an area as possible. When we arrived at the hotel we found that they were hosting many high school basketball teams that were in town for a tournament. We nicely asked to be put as far away from the teams as possible, and were told that we were. However, we found that we were directly between two teams. In fact a coach knocked on our door at 11:00 p.m. because he thought we were a team room. At 2:30 a.m. we were awakened by the sound of a basketball bouncing off the wall. Had we not been specifically told that we were being put in a quiet area it would not have been so annoying.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Overall our stay was a pleasant one but there were a lot of issues. We reserved one night and used the "Romance Package" since it was our anniversary. The package was $80 extra and included champagne, "box of chocolates", roses, late checkout and $20 credit in room service.

I'll list the problems we had first then the good things.

1). Upon check-in the price listed on our initial invoice was $150 higher then what we were quoted. When I questioned it I was told the manager was busy to come down later and try again. We had dinner reservations, I asked if manager would still be there when we returned, was told yes. Needless to say, said manager was gone. I was told to discuss it when I checked out, I replied that I had NO intention of using any room at the rate I was confronted with and that I sure as heck wasn't going to worry about it all night on my anniversary. Eventually someone came up who knew the situation and said it had been remedied.

2). When I booked the romance package I told 2 different people that I was pregnant and would like something else instead of the champagne. I was told this would not be a problem. On check - in I again asked that the champagne be substituted out. When we got to our room, there was the champagne. Honestly, after the trouble with the bill we were done arguing. Hubby drank some and said it was so dry he couldn't even finish one glass.

3). The room service. When we ordered the room service to use our credit we received a call back saying that the 3 items we requested were sold out for the night. That was the first room service problem. Not wanting to waste our credit we went through the menu and picked out other things. It took 1.5 hours and 2 phone calls asking about status for us to receive our food. "I'm sorry but we're really busy tonight, we have the food made but not enough people to take it to the rooms".

4). When we received our final statement on check out day lo and behold we were charged full price for the room service, another trip to the front desk and I'm told "we'll fix it on check out".

5). We had the room till 2pm due to the package we got. When we went down for breakfast I confirmed this. After breakfast we decided to take a little nap and were rudely awakened by a phone call at 1215 asking why we hadn't checked out yet.

6). 1130pm the night before check out the phone rings, it's the front desk asking if we used the bar that evening. It's almost midnight people!!!!!!!!!!! Leave your customers alone.

7). The "cooked to order" part of the breakfast is an omelette made with w/e you want in it. It was good, but to me a cooked to order breakfast involves more options then what would you like in your omelette.

8). It seems they have heating on in winter and a/c in summer. Makes sense, but there was no way to customize the temperature of the room. We wanted the room cooler and the only way to do so was to lower the room temp to desired temp, make the heater shut off and just wait for the cooler temp outside to seep into the room. We ended up sleeping with the window open to make the room temperature bearable but that involved having to listen to the traffic on the loop road all night.

9). The "box of chocolates" advertised in the romance package turned out to be a hershey bar wrapped in Embassy "sweets" wrapper.

Ok, that's the bad stuff.

Here's some good things:

1). When we checked out the room rate was indeed corrected and they did take off the $20 for room service (although I could have done without the stress caused by all this on my anniversary and being pregnant).

2). If we'd called down to complain about the champagne I'm sure they would have changed it out, the flyer on the romance package says sparkling cider is available, it's just frustrating they couldn't have done it that way for us the first 3 times we asked.

3). The room service food once it arrived was EXCEPTIONAL. It was almost worth the wait. Very good quality food.

4). The breakfast was very good all around. Fruit bar, Scrambled eggs, biscuits/gravy, bacon, (some scary sausage), bagels, toast, cereal etc. A very wide variety in addition to the omelette bar. We got there are 945 (close for brekkies is 1045 on weekends) and they were already out of silver wear and some of the items, the fruit bar was almost empty by the time we got there.

5). The room was very clean and spacious, TV in living area and bedroom.

6). The atrium is beautiful, flowers and ponds with Koi in them, really, really peaceful.

To summerize this is a good hotel but overpriced for the service we received.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple