WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Lubbock
Bovina
“A Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites of Lubbock, they were gracious, courteous and very accomodating the staff worked well togethe and were freindly toward us and each other. We arrived late evening from a flight and we slept comfortably during the night, as a matter of a fact we slept through breakfast. I felt like I was being pampered and enjoyed a much needed rest. I look forward to staying again. My daughter joined me as I had flown in for her wedding shower, it was a nice get away for the both of us. Thank you Embassy Suites for taking such good care of us and helping to make this time special for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This Hotel located in Lubbock Texas has a Very friendly Staff! There was always someone to greet you every time you turned around. I have to start off by saying Ilde I believe was here name the lady who worked the cooked to order Breakfast was SUPER NICE and attentive to all my needs She was Great I did not have to want for anything she was always there before I would turn around to ask if I needed anything! the Breakfast was good as well plenty of choices and the food was good quality for Breakfast! We did go to the managers reception and we decided to order supper. The food was good but not as good as the price. even at a hotel the quality could have been a tad bit better not that it was not edible but it was just not higher quality it was just good! The room was nice it was clean but there was one thing I did notice was a wrapper from a piece of orbit gum that was in between the lampshade and the lamp base I know it wasn't mine because I did not bring any with me so they could have dusted a bit better and would have caught that. The person checking me in when he asked me if I was a hilton Honors member I told him that I used to be a while back but he did not attempt to search for the number! I was however impressed with the welcome basket it was a nice thought. with a few snacks and a bottle of water in it! There were a few issues with sound I was on the second floor (3 story hotel) and I could hear the person walking in the room above me and at 4:15 in the morning there were 2 people sitting in the outside courtyard that faced my window talking and it was echoing just enough to wake me up and they were not being loud or rude so I didn't complain so choose a room on the outer wall maybe? Over all it was a GREAT place to stay the staff over all did make a GREAT impression especially the lady from the breakfast cook to order! I would stay there again and probably will be in the near future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Friendly staff made for a great stay during Tech Football Weekend. Great breakfast buffet Saturday morning. The only problem I had was that the floor in the bathroom had not been swept from the previous guests. Located housekeeping immediately and they cleaned it immediately (but you shouldn't have to ask for this)!

Great breakfast buffet Saturday morning (although the waffles were a little cool to the touch). Made up for it with the pefectly cooked eggs. It was busy Saturday with Tech game-day but the staff was always pleasant.

A bit surprised they chose to clean the floors and do repairs on the parking lot during the busy weekend.

Upon checkout early Sunday the staff offered hot coffee and water (as it was too early for breakfast). Hats off to the staff for pleasant attitudes all the way around!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
houston, tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our second stay here was not as good as the first. The staff was friendly and competent, but there are problems with maintenance and food quality. We were not informed that a big construction project would make ingress and parking a problem -- we got in late and ordered a salad and a sandwich from the bar -- there was one person working the bar area, and he couldn't keep up -- the food took an hour to arrive and the salad was inedible. Back in the room, there was not enough hot water for a bath and the lavatory sink was stopped up -- the TV would not operate in the front room. This hotel will have to pay more attention to the details.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Devon M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the issues you encountered on your most recent stay with us. Our maintenance team and management have been working very hard the last few weeks to get us into tip-top shape. Though I am glad to have everything complete I am sorry we were not able to do it prior to your trip to Lubbock. I invite you to stay with us the next time you are in town so that we can remind you why you came back a second time.

Yours in Hospitality,

Devon Magocsi
Sales Administrator
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I checked into Embassy Suites on 8.29.12 and I did not feel like going out for drinks and a steak. It was my bartender Scott who convinced me to order a steak from the Hotel. I can say I was not disappointed. Scott was one of the best bartenders I have had in a while. I was skeptical at first for ordering food from the Embassy Suites, but Scott was a trustworthy guy so I did order a steak from the hotel. I can not be happy enough with the Beef Tenderloin that I ordered. It was a perfect balance of salt and pepper, while letting the quality of the steak come through as the star of the dish. Chef T gave me a memorable dish and I will definitely order this steak again. I can't rave enough about Scott bartending for me tonight. Most bartenders just serve you a drink and go on about their business, but he continued to check on me and ask if I needed anything. That is what I like to see in a bartender and he made my night a great one and convinced me to continue to give my business to Embassy Suites

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The time that we spent at the hotel was very pleasant. The service was great and the extras were a very nice touch. Breakfast was best I have had in a hotel. The biggest issue was the difference in the cost of the room compared to the website. The cost was cheaper at the hotel than on this website.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, week of the 20th. I thought everyone here was VERY nice and friendly. NEVER walked past one employee that did not say, "hello", "Good Morning", "Hi", everyone was very nice.

Room was nice, beds great, internet worked great. Ate here each night, did not venture out, so am not sure what all is close by, but the lobby bar had good food, and there happy hour is a nice treat ,5:30-7:30 pm, fyi..

I had there free breakfast each morning, some of the best I have had while traveling.

In a nutshell, from a frequent traveler, Diamond member, A- Plus for stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business