“Nice place!”

Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Monroe, Louisiana
“Nice place!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was a nice place, although the "suites" are a little cramped. Comfortable bed, relatively quiet. Breakfast was nice too! Staff was super accomodating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I started traveling for work in November of 2009. I stay in a hotel Mon-Fri at least two weeks out of the month, sometimes three. I have now stayed in hotels all over the entire country from the state of Washington to Washington D.C.
This was the very first hotel I ever stayed in. At the time I had all of these minor complaints. My room was right above the front door facing the open atrium area and I had some very small other ridiculous issue with some of the ammenities, but I can't even remember what it was now.
What I do remember is how I wish I was staying in this hotel everywhere I go. I have tried to recapture the magic by staying at other Embassy Suites and Hilton family hotels, but I have never found the combination of fantastic that this hotel provides.
The service was amazing. Every single employee was "on" all of the time. They catered to every need with a warm and sincere smile and greeting. They would greet me by name and would chat when warranted. The local person I was there to train had worked in the hotel industry for years and suggested they might have a inspection or review coming up, so we asked. No, they said, they were always like this and I believe them!
I had absolutely no issues with the perfect suite, the great internet service, the good food, business services and areas, or the cleanliness. I can't believe now I didn't realize what a great hotel this is.
There is a lovely patio area near the bar. I don't drink, but I saw many people enjoying their cocktails on the patio in the evening. It seemed like everyone in the restaurant, bar, and patio area were really enjoying their stays and I know why now.
Every Embassy Suites has their little atrium area, but this one is unique with a coy pond and really lovely foliage. I now know the special care they have taken to keep it looking so nice.
The only possible draw back to staying in this hotel is that it is right off of the highway on a chain restaurant and hotel street. It is not near the university or downtown. If site seeing isn't on your agenda or you don't mind driving to get to the local fare and hotspots, then you should stay here. I hate staying on hotel/restaurant row when I stay in a city, but I would overlook all of that and deal with the hassel of driving and looking for parking if I ever went back.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Please stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms near the front entrance can be a little noisy from the bar patrons.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have never written a review before but I had such a great experience that I wanted to let other know what a great hotel this is. We had stayed here a couple of years ago and had a good experience but this time was even better. Our room was lovely and the hotel is amazing with the fish pond. Our kids loved looking at the fish and were especially excited when the staff gave them fish food to feed the fish. The food is awesome. The made to order omelets are the best I have ever had. The salsa bar in the late afternoon was delicious. The pineapple salsa and the cucumber were my favorites. They have a excellent chef. The pool is nice and the kids always enjoy swimming.
However, I was especially impressed with the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Every staff member from reception staff, the breakfast staff, the housekeeping staff, and even a staff member taking out the trash greeted us warmly. Each staff member we saw smiled and said hello. We also left my son's school notebook in the room. I called the front desk and within 30 minutes they had faxed me his homework. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am not easy to impress by a product or service, but this was a wow experience. From the moment I walked in the door to the minute I walked out the experience, service and detail was first rate. Overall the people were what made it a wonderful, they all greeted you coming and going, it was not a job to these people it was a service they wanted to provide. I travel a lot and feel I can make a fair comparison.

Room Tip: Check the lay out before you say, "yes".
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
tx
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Don't be fooled by the fact that The Embassy Suites is #2 on The Trip Advisors List!
Definately not worth the money.
Our room was over priced at 189.00 a night with no AC and a view of a brick wall.
We would not choose to stay here again.
Our room was so hot and uncomfortable-the AC wouldn't come on...the fan blew and blew but no cool air. Notified front desk.
Bathroom sink would not drain.
Hot and cold water in shower backwards.
Everytime the folks next door flushed toilet it was so loud! Their bathroom must have been on other side of wall where our head board was!
The people upstairs were extremely loud until after 3 a.m. we could hear music and every foot step.
It was a long night-regret staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cttwolakes
Kristy A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
My name is Kristy Allen, and I am the Front Office Manager at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock, Tx. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. I do apologize for your poor experiences during your recent stay with us. I assure you that every effort is given to run this property in a satisfactorily manner and your recent experience with us is unacceptable on our part. I can tell you that we now have all of the AC valves in our hotel working properly and that our maintenance staff has been working extremely hard to ensure that all of our rooms are in tip-top shape. Thank you again for your comments, and rest assured that we have addressed them and are evaluating them currently. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Lubbock, Texas.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kristy Allen
Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites
Kristy@embassysuiteslubbock.com
806-771-7000
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We rated this hotel poor because of the high room rate and the poor quality of the property. The staff was plentiful and friendly, but the rooms were not that clean. One side of the hotel hosts a bar in the lobby and the other side hosts breakfast, so depending on which side of the hotel you're on, you are either kept awake by the bar, or awakened early by the breakfast crowd. The breakfast buffet was poorly done, the area was too constricted and we gave it a pass because of too many people in a small area. The business center was well-equipped. We also gave the pool a pass because the water was brownish-green and unpleasant smelling. It was definitely not what we expected when we booked a $200 a night suite, it was very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
My name is Kristy Allen, and I am the Front Office Manager at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock, Tx. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know that our new executive housekeeper and her staff has been working very hard to ensure that our hotel remains fresh and clean for our guests and has been training our staff accordingly. We appreciate you also sharing your positive impressions of the hotel staff friendliness and we encourage you to stay with us again on your next trip to Lubbock. Please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next stay, I’d be happy to ensure you are in a quiet area of the hotel as well as ensuring that extra care is taken to the cleanliness of your room, 806-771-7000.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kristy Allen
Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites
Kristy@embassysuiteslubbock.com
806-771-7000
California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We enjoyed the large 2-room suite and extremely comfortable bed (Serta Perfect Sleeper Hilton Suite Dreams II)

We loved the huge 3 story tall indoor air-conditioned atrium filled with trees, plants, ponds and a waterfall (see my photos) Well lit with lots of skylights overhead, it's an oasis of refreshment, especially when its hot outside. We left our door open while visiting in the room to enjoy the expansive view and water sounds. It was 100 degrees outside but inside, it felt like we were in a cool forest.

We were very impressed with the extremely friendly staff. One of them told me there's a rigorous selection process to get hired and regular training meetings (including role-playing exercises) to make sure guests get great & friendly service. And we did.

Other bonuses include a complimentary breakfast with omelets made to order sitting in the atrium and a free Happy Hour with complimentary drinks for two hours each night, also in the atrium.

Highly recommended !!!