“Not a good deal for the money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Amarillo, Texas
“Not a good deal for the money”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We rated this hotel poor because of the high room rate and the poor quality of the property. The staff was plentiful and friendly, but the rooms were not that clean. One side of the hotel hosts a bar in the lobby and the other side hosts breakfast, so depending on which side of the hotel you're on, you are either kept awake by the bar, or awakened early by the breakfast crowd. The breakfast buffet was poorly done, the area was too constricted and we gave it a pass because of too many people in a small area. The business center was well-equipped. We also gave the pool a pass because the water was brownish-green and unpleasant smelling. It was definitely not what we expected when we booked a $200 a night suite, it was very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kristy A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
My name is Kristy Allen, and I am the Front Office Manager at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock, Tx. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know that our new executive housekeeper and her staff has been working very hard to ensure that our hotel remains fresh and clean for our guests and has been training our staff accordingly. We appreciate you also sharing your positive impressions of the hotel staff friendliness and we encourage you to stay with us again on your next trip to Lubbock. Please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next stay, I’d be happy to ensure you are in a quiet area of the hotel as well as ensuring that extra care is taken to the cleanliness of your room, 806-771-7000.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kristy Allen
Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites
Kristy@embassysuiteslubbock.com
806-771-7000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We enjoyed the large 2-room suite and extremely comfortable bed (Serta Perfect Sleeper Hilton Suite Dreams II)

We loved the huge 3 story tall indoor air-conditioned atrium filled with trees, plants, ponds and a waterfall (see my photos) Well lit with lots of skylights overhead, it's an oasis of refreshment, especially when its hot outside. We left our door open while visiting in the room to enjoy the expansive view and water sounds. It was 100 degrees outside but inside, it felt like we were in a cool forest.

We were very impressed with the extremely friendly staff. One of them told me there's a rigorous selection process to get hired and regular training meetings (including role-playing exercises) to make sure guests get great & friendly service. And we did.

Other bonuses include a complimentary breakfast with omelets made to order sitting in the atrium and a free Happy Hour with complimentary drinks for two hours each night, also in the atrium.

Highly recommended !!!

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The staff at the hotel was the BEST ever encountered. Every person we encountered, from the upper level management to the housekeeping staff. One person-Adrienne- was very helpful and called us by name each time she saw us.,

The rooms were quite spacious. The only drawback, the sink was in the bedroom area, but other than that, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front atrium and the bar, but it was very quiet.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Rooms are clean and Ready for company. The Breakfast is fresh and well attended by all staff associated with the meal. After a long day working it's great to come back and have the managers Special. The new menu is also very nice and covers even the the hard to please diners! All in all Embassy Suites of Lubbock will always be my home when I travel to Lubbock.

Room Tip: The Breakfast noise can be a bit too loud in some rooms close to the Dineing areas.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel was great. The kids had a great time and are already begging to come back. The staff interacted and played with them and made them feel like they were the only ones there. The rooms were great and with kids they were large enough to give them room to run around and not feel cramped. I will reccommend this hotel to all my family and friends for future visits to Lubbock.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Not only is the hotel the nicest in Lubbock, but the staff is far and away better than any other hotel I've ever stayed at. They always greet me with a smile and know me by name. They also cater to my every need and I never want for anything when I stay there. With staff like Michael Alvarez I will never stay anywhere else as long as he is employeed there. He goes above and beyond every time I stay there. My family has also stayed there and raved about the unbelieveable service. We stayed at the Waldorf in New York City a year ago and it didn't even compare to the service we receive every time we stay in Lubbock.

Room Tip: I enjoy staying on the side of the hotel where they serve breakfast
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I'm a business traveler and when I walk in the hotel I'm greeted by name and their first priority is to make sure the check in process is fast and that I have everything I need. Their rooms are very clean and you can't beat the chef cooked breakfast. I wouldn't stay anywhere else..it's that good!