All reviews chef joey front desk bedroom suite business travel full kitchen living area nice hotel hotel staff convenient location great place to stay fresh fruit texas tech complimentary breakfast beds were comfortable definitely stay here again staff was very friendly the breakfast area
Reviewed March 18, 2006

The sizes of the rooms are very nice. Breakfast buffet is great...dinner buffet is not recommended, except for the drinks. The maid service was horrible and although we were there for a week, they never vacuumed the floor. It still was NOT vacuumed after I complained to shift manager. We used express check out, but I received a rude call from the front desk the morning of our departure at 10:00 to make sure we were going to be out by 11:00. There are much better hotels in the same area...they might be more money, but well worth it.

Date of stay: July 2005
3  Thank xtremequad
Reviewed November 15, 2005

I'm a big fan of Homewood Suites. The separate bedroom, full kitchen and full breakfast make Homewood a great value. This property is no exception -- it is clean, quiet and comfortable. Unfortunately, my stay followed a night at Lubbock's Embassy Suites. The Embassy, very near to the Homewood, is only a few dollars more and blows away any Embassy I've ever stayed in. The rooms there are superb, and the service is in a whole other league. Stay there if possible, but the Homewood is a good second option.

Date of stay: November 2005
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Marc T
Reviewed July 13, 2005

3/22/05 Upon entering our room, suite 410, the A/C did not seem to be working. Front desk staff told us to turn off the A/C for 15 minutes and then back on. That seemed to help some. It happened the following day as well. In speaking with other guests they did not have any problems with their room A/C so it might have just been limited to that one room. The continental breakfast is fabulous with 2 kinds of cooked eggs, sausage, waffles, breads. cereals. juice, fruit, and coffee. The bedroom was separate from the living area with a pullout sofa bed and the bedroom had a ceiling fan. Full size frig and kitchen with all sorts of dishes, pots and pans. Rate was good for a group rate (3/22) but we were unable to get the same rate at a later date (5/27). But for all you get it was worth the higher rate. The second time we stayed we were at a soccer tournament and it had rained and the boys' clothes were muddy so the laundry facilities were great to have. Pool not open either time.

Reviewed January 27, 2005

Stayed here on business and was great. Staff friendly and helpful, great breakfast, clean large rooms. Next time I go to Lubbock I will take my family there. I stay at tons of hotels and this one is at the top.