“Loved our stay in a 2 bedroom suite!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel and room were outstanding. We had stayed in a Homewood Suites in Anaheim a few months ago and it was just average. This stay in Lubbock, however, was great. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and the location was very convenient. I would definitely stay here any time we are back in Lubbock.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Juliann K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! Thank you so much for your review and we will see you next time you are in Lubbock!

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is super clean. Staff is overly friendly and helpful. Location is perfect. Breakfast is free and plentiful. Will stay here again next time we are in town! Loved our room! Had a small child with me and had plenty of space

• Stayed: March 2013
Juliann K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us! I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. We will see you next time you are in Lubbock!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Homewood Suites has always been a favorite of ours while traveling the USA--I will have to leave this location off the list if the dinner staff is routinely here serving and cooking. Ugh! Having someone insult me and treat me like a child isn't exactly good service. Wine is served in a "wine glass" and to have the wait staff make fun of my wanting a Girly Glass was rude. The food was like cardboard and nothing better than what you would find in an institution frozen, thawed and tasteless. The server wore a dirty apron and thought his scarcasm was entertaining. Don't arrive for a Monday night stay.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank chinelliArtDeli

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Homewood Suites and thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Please accept our apology and understand that this type of service is not what we want to offer. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay. We hope to see you next time you are in town!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This, like most Homewood Suites hotels, is a very nice property. The front desk staff never failed to greet us when we entered the lobby, and volunteered that we shouldn't miss the Manager's Reception on Monday night. They said it amounted to a free dinner, and they were right--all you could eat and drink, including wine and beer. The suite was nice, although the pots and pans in the kitchen unit had seen better days and some of the furniture had minor damage.

Room Tip: The suites toward the back are further from the noise of the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Juliann K, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you all for choosing to stay with us! I am so glad that you loved our Welcome Home Reception dinner and thank you for bringing the pots and pans to our attention we will definitely get those replaced! We hope to see you all next time you're in town!

Yours in Hospitality,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm amazed at the positive friedly attitude displayed by all Homewood Suite staff in Lubbock. I've stayed here for extended periods of time and was continually greeted by name, treated wonderfully, appreciated and welcomed. Sam went to great lengths to ensure my stay was comfortable. Sneha (GM) visited with me personally and thanked me for my business. She treated all her staff as family and truly loves her job. Chris cooks the best omelettes and is a wonderful evening host. Housekeeping adds a personal touch by leaving inspirational messages. I truly appreciated Lindsey and her attention to detail and complimentary sports drink! The accomodations are great, the facilities are clean and updated but best of all the friendly greeting and conversation with the hotel staff is the best. Thank you all for your wonderful service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Michelle T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for all of your kind words! We have shared your review with our team and they were excited to hear you had such a great stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on numerous occasions and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in the Lubbock Homewood Suites for a week at a time for the last 5 weeks on business. The hotel is extremely clean and very modern. The staff is very friendly and professional. I am greeted each morning with smiles and a cheerful "Good Morning!" from General Manager Sneha Shah and her staff. The free breakfast is very good and includes some of the best scrambled eggs, ham or bacon, and assorted fruits, etc. most mornings, Don checked on guests in the dining area greeting everyone and making sure they were enjoying their stay. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, Chef Chris makes omlets to order. When I would return to the hotel in the afternoons, Emily at the front desk always greeted me with a warm smile. Monday through Thursday, Chef Chris serves a free evening buffet with complimentary beer and wine and makes you feel at home.

The staff always goes above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. One day I had to take a conference call in my room and thus housekeeping missed my room. I later stopped by the front desk, but the housekeeping staff had left for the day. Emily offered to get the room cleaned but i declined. Just needing towels, I asked if I could pick up some towels later when I returned from work. When I did return, I checked at the front desk and found that they had delivered towels to my room along with an assortment of toiletries, etc.

Probably the most memorable act of great customer service that I have experienced in a very long time occurred one very cold morning. General Manager Sneha Shah offered to go out into the cold to start my colleague's rental car so it would be warm and defrosted while we ate breakfast. Sneha put on her coat and went out into to the 23 degree cold to make sure her guests were comfortable when we left! I spent 25 years in customer service in a Fortune 50 corporation and I can honestly say that Sneha and her staff provide some of the best customer service I've seen anywhere!

Thanks!
Robby

• Stayed: February 2013
Michelle T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for recognizing Sneha Shah and her staff. As our General Manager she leads by example. She is very passionate about hospitality. We love it when any of our team members make a strong impression and get recognized for their hard work and dedication. Again, thank you for taking the time to give our hotel this great feedback!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The front desk was very helpful smiled the whole time very clean room.. The the ultimate was the breakfeast bar chris was AMAZING great omlets great food. Hes very funny and takes pride in his job.. U never meet staff in the breakfeast bars like that..keep up the good work chris show people how hotel staff should be..

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review! We value your feedback and share new comments with our team each week.

Chris will be pleased to hear the feedback about his breakfast. I know he works hard to keep things fresh and tries to avoid microwaved/processed foods that other hotels offer.

We look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you again for taking the time to review us.