“Worked for us”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lubbock
Ranked #14 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The room seemed a little tight for 3 adults, but we managed. There was limited bathroom counter space for us, but everything worked and it was a comfortable bed. We had an A/C that would run with the fan all night; it was a quiet room in a quiet location. The curtains blocked out almost all the light, so we had a good night’s sleep. The internet was easy to access and was reliable. Breakfast was hot, good, and had some variety.

1  Thank SandwichFamily

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Save your money and heartache, stay at Hampton Inn across the street. I am a road warrior, and in nearly 20 years of traveling the world in Hilton Properties, I have never experienced the dissatisfaction and dismay as I did here.

They actually cancelled me out of my room, while I was away working in town; even though when I arrived at 0100 the night before [and per my travel documents] was guaranteed for 2 nights. They threw out my groceries in fridge, etc; then called me at my jobsite to ask why I had not taken my bags out. Front desk staff/management appeared quite “humored” by what happened, so will NEVER stay here again. There was no remorse of understanding by them, for my predicament.

Front lobby staff is inattentive; the entry foyer area reeks of some sort of perfume lotion, which will gag you. Rooms are well worn and faucets leak. Closets were built with a large glass door that opens inward, so not safe for kids, nor can someone else be using the sink/toilet while needing in the closet.

Evening meals [such as salad trimmings] is limited compared to other Homewood Suites properties. Breakfast is less appealing than a Motel 6.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street, and they also do evening meals, which are lively with a staff that is very warm and accommodating. Best of all they will not check you out early, while you are away.

Save your money; the Hampton Inn across the street is new, and quite a comfortable stay. The Hampton Inn staff are glad you came and will do everything they can to you’re your stay worthwhile. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Don't bother, reserve the Hampton Inn across the street 5614 Englewood Avenue.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was there for two nights. I also got two extra rooms for my daughters. I did not get any room service. I was gone most of the day and when I returned, my room was still dirty. The beds had not been cleaned, the trash was not taken out, the restrooms had not been cleaned, my room had been ignored. When I told the recptionist she said soory, but the cleaning staff was gone for the day. She offered more towels and that was it. The next morning I talked to the manager on duty. He said that they were having problems with the staff on a frequent basis. He offered to compensate me $45, $15 for each room I had paid for. I agreed with his offer. He has not sent anything as of yet.

1  Thank Larry J
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Had a create stay at Homewood Suites this last weekend while back in the Hub city to visit family & friends. Suite was great, full ktchen, comfortable beds, cold air. They staff was very friendly. Breakfasts were awesome. This will be my place to stay when I am in the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff is very friendly & everyone knows you by name. Everyone is very accomodating any time you have a need or request & you really are made to feel as though you are part of the family. Having breakfast everyday & dinner 4 nights a week is a nice value. Weds & Sun mornings Chef Chris prepares made to order omelettes - very nice. Dinner is a full, hot meal. Leave your diet at home though because this "home-cooking": tasty, filling, but not low-cal. Breakfast is also a full, hot meal. It was so nice at first but the daily scrambled eggs, sausage (or bacon), & potatoes accompanied did become a bit monotonous after awhile. It would be nice to see some breakfast casseroles or frittatas maybe some french toast? Chef Chris is very personable & funny & always eager to do everything he can to "serve" the guest. Delores is the cook 5 mornings a week. She is quiet but pleasant.

Our room had 2 double beds in the bedroom, a sofa bed in the living area, & a full (well, almost - there's no oven) kitchen. It was clean & comfortable if a little small. The bathroom is very small & the "dressing area" is too small for more than one person at a time. It lacks sufficient counter space if you are staying more than a few days & the closet is also is this same, very small space so it is quite a dance for multiple people trying to shower, go to the bathroom, brush teeth, do hair, & access the closet all at the same time. The kitchen is nice to store & prepare snacks, lunch, & 3 dinners a week (Fri - Sun) not provided.

The location is not scenic but then, not much in Lubbock is scenic! It is however, convenient to shopping, movies, dining, & the loop. (Being close to the loop means quick access to the highway)

If you are used to staying at a 5 star resorts, this is not the place for you. If however, you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel where you feel like welcome family rather than just one more customer book now!

Room Tip: Corner suites (117, 217, 317, 417) are larger rooms. 4th floor is smoking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

When we arrived the staff was welcoming and engaged. The room was just as we expected. The gym, though small, was adequate. Breakfast was delicious and the cook made great small talk with all the guests.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 6, 2012

i frequently travel for business and i stay mostly at Marriot properties, but the hotel and its staff are second to none. i received great service from management donw to housekeeping. they offer a great breakfast and an exceptional dinner. Chef Chris is great! the place is well kept and very clean. i recommend this hotel to anyone looking to be treated as one of the family. anytime i return to Lubbock i will always stay here.
BrianB.