“Above the cut for Hotel food”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 614 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The fish and lamb where great - but the champ are the sweet potato fries!! Serves late and has room service as well.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had dinner on a Wednesday night and was just amazing. Chef is an Army vet and a graduate of the CIA. Got to thank her in person for such a great meal (wild boar mini-tacos, quail pasta with salad, ending with creme bule)! Wait-staff (Anna or Ann) was wonderful!

Breakfast buffet was OK on Thursday morning but Friday felt I was forgotten by wait-staff and came close in walking out without paying!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went to the breakfast buffet at the Overton on our last visit as we were staying at the hotel. It was probably one of the worst buffets I have been to. The eggs were undercooked and cold...the bacon was hard,cold and chewy. The other items were rather unappetizing in appearance. Fruit was old and on the verge of being too ripe...rather tasteless also. My wife could not finish the items she chose off the buffet. For the cost and quality of this hotel....this is one of the worst breakfasts I have experienced. Complained to manager after meal when we got back to the room. I assume lunch and dinner would be better here but would be afraid to try it (especially for the cost). They really need to get their house in order on this if they want to maintain an image as a higher quality hotel....its leaves a bad impression on what is otherwise a nice facility.

1  Thank JohnandJean681985
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Usually Sunday lunches are packed with the after church crowd but I felt like I had the whole place to myself - which was fine by me! There were a few other people in the dining room but I felt lucky to have first dibs on the Prime Rib and the crab stuffed fish. Delicious! My wife didn't go for the brunch and only had the breakfast buffet, which I tried too. The breakfast line is separate from the brunch line for those without a bigger appetite. It’s a typical 3 to 4 star hotel breakfast bar - with a make your own waffle station, an omelette chef where you choose your ingredients, and thick cut smoked bacon. The Brunch, however, was outstanding. I tore up that Prime Rib. It was a full roast that the chef slices per order and because there wasn't anyone there to judge - I asked for some thick cuts. And then I had me some seconds. And thirds. The chef didn't mind. He appreciates people that enjoy his food. I worked through that crab stuffed fish too - real crab - the fat, claw lump kind and not that imitation kind.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

About two years ago on my last visit to Lubbock a co-worker and I discovered Pecan Grill. I decided that on my next visit I would be a smart traveler and stay at the Overton to enjoy the dining experience at the Pecan Grill. When staying at the Overton, there is no reason to venture off the property for dining. I ate in the restaurant on Easter Sunday night and had the most perfectly cooked rack of lamb. The next night, I ate at the bar and had the crab cake to start followed by the "Chicken Fried Chicken." This entree stole my heart and I want to recreate it at home. It was the most succulent thin fried boneless chicken breast stitting on a bed of baked potato salad and topped with spinach laced with course mustard and a bit of cream. It was so divine I paced myself and ate every bit.