“Breakfast Buffet”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 624 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I had the breakfast buffet this morning. It was as bad as any I have had. The bacon was overcooked and not warm. The same with the eggs, downright cold. Biscuits and gravy were barely warm, the biscuit was good but the gravy was some strange tasting brown mixture. We were totally surprised because we had heard such good things about this hotel. You never know until one gives it a try.

1  Thank edjacone

Reviewed November 13, 2013

food is terrific- sort of gourmet southwestern. The grilled quail is excellent, as is the crab cake and the grilled Bibb salad. Excellent wine list as well. Always choose to eat in the hotel instead of going out because the food is awesome.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had breakfast buffet. Four of us. Items that were supposed to be hot were cold and items that were supposed to be cold were warm. The place at 8 am on a Friday morning had maybe ten people in there and it took fifteen minutes to get cream for my coffee. They must of ran out of coffee because we were not offered refills.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A limited menu followed by poor quality ... Twice. After a long day of travel and no lunch, I arrived at the hotel, unpacked quickly and went to dinner. The creative bread choices with honey butter was a nice surprise and the wine list was pretty wide ranging. I was disappointed in the entree choices but choose the 'meat and potatoes, sirloin with fingerling potatoes meat ordered medium rare. Horrible! The first steak was easily medium well, the second was cooked more appropriately but the quality of the meat was horrible! Full of gristle and fat... I could barely find anything edible. So lots of apologies and I wasn't charged but at the end of a hard day of travel, I think it's reasonable to expect more.... A lot more.

1  Thank jjonesschenk
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am very aware of portion control, but the portions here are smaller than they should be. The food is pretty good, but I don't think it is worthy of the prices. One of the meals I had was not only small, but was not what was described on the menu. In place of the fried okra with the scallops, I got jalapeno peppers...lots of them! After removing half the entire portion of actual food on my plate, I was left with 3 scallops...and that's it. Unfortunately, I think this restaurant is trying to be something it's not.

Our waitress, however, was lovely and attentive. She was personable and engaged in conversation with us.

Don't go after 7 pm, there may not be any food left!

2  Thank Donna M