“Big prices, small portions”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 614 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am very aware of portion control, but the portions here are smaller than they should be. The food is pretty good, but I don't think it is worthy of the prices. One of the meals I had was not only small, but was not what was described on the menu. In place of the fried okra with the scallops, I got jalapeno peppers...lots of them! After removing half the entire portion of actual food on my plate, I was left with 3 scallops...and that's it. Unfortunately, I think this restaurant is trying to be something it's not.

Our waitress, however, was lovely and attentive. She was personable and engaged in conversation with us.

Don't go after 7 pm, there may not be any food left!

2  Thank Donna M

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dinner menu was limited. Breakfast buffet was fair in quality, but there were many items from which to choose.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I usually get room service but the food is always excellent! The Texas redfish is cooked perfectly and the accompanying sides pair nicely. I never leave the hotel to try new restaurants because their food is so good!

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We visited Christmas Day and we were told the wait would be 30 minutes. we waited for TWO hours! The buffet was terrible. Service was terrible. So expensive for what you get.

1  Thank Stevie C
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Overton hotel is a great hotel, top notch rating from me. The foods has a
Ot to be desired!
The breakfast buffet is scant and the oatmeal, and a few other food items were cold. They offered to nuke it for me. At those prices, you deserve warm food.
In the 3 meals I dined there, the restaurant was not half full, but it took them 10 minutes to seat us. The service was not very inspiring. Mostly students that really did not want to be there, or did not understand the art of working a good tip.
Who ever owns this establishment knows this is the lame part of the facility.
Be careful.