“Exceeded our expectations.”

Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 591 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best dining in Lubbock, Texas is at The Pecan Grill At The Overton: Premier In-House Restaurant at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. You really will find the best dining in Lubbock at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center. Hearty breakfasts, indulgent lunch dishes, and tasty dinner fare are only steps away from your luxurious high-rise accommodations. The professional chef and staff at The Pecan Grill At The Overton serve up a sophisticated selection of Gourmet-style favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
post
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded our expectations.”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The menu items were outstanding. We recommend the Wild Boar Tacos, Eggs Overton with Venison, and the Duck.

Lubbock
“Great service andvery welcoming”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently had the chance to eat Lunch with my daughter on her birthday and it was very nice.
I had to be right back to work , so I choose the buffet. It was great, I actually ate more than I intended because I had to try a little bit of everything. Rhonda was very nice, and I have recommended the Pecan Grill to all my friends and family. I really appreciated the whole experience and thank the whole staff for allowing me a nice experience with my daughter. Thank you Mr. Metcalf and all the Overton staff, I hope to return soon. - Mrs. Sylvia Cuevas

• Visited October 2011
Ozona, Texas
“Service could be better”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The food is good, but service is slow. Not for someone on a schedule.

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“disappointing, won't be back soon”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We figured that walking in at 1:15, they wouldn't be too busy and we'd be in and out by 2. They weren't busy at all, but we weren't in and out by two.

The hostess seated us and asked if we would like the buffet or a menu. We asked her what was on the buffet and she didn't know, so she had to run off and find the buffet menu. We went with the regular lunch menu. My co-worker ordered a Caesar salad and the wild duck gumbo. I go the bison sliders.

His salad came out and I wondered why it had a red colored dressing, since Caesar is white. Half way through his salad I asked what kind of dressing was on it. It wasn't Caesar. Thirty minutes later, I was pretty hungry and we were both wondering where our entrees were. They eventually came out, along with a coffee refill that was cold. While my sliders were cooked as requested, the duck gumbo didn't seem to have any duck in it. We asked our waiter about it. Many minutes later, he brought out a small bowl with some shredded, lukewarm duck in it. Needless to say, my co-worker didn't finish his strongly cumin-flavored gumbo. At least the sliders were good.

• Visited September 2011
Lubbock, Texas
“Impressed Our Out Of Town Guests!”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My brother and his family traveled to Lubbock for my daughter's high school graduation this past weekend. Friday night, we had dinner at 2322 at the Overton - a large party including our family, my parents, and my brother's family (with a toddler and baby). Specials were bison steak with red wine butter demi and grilled trout with mango pico. My brother, a wine fanatic, was pleased to find a nice Nickel and Nickel bottle on the wine list. Everyone ordered and asked for some type of substitution on their meal (different starch, different vegetable, salad dressed or dressing on the side, etc.) - everything was tasty and all of our requests were honored. We decided to pass on desserts, but they looked delightful including Italian creme cake, creme brulee, strawberry tart and pecan pie.

• Visited May 2011