“loved it!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our 2 year old as well as our 13 year old enjoyed getting up close and personal with the prairie dogs. they were very entertaining!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Karri R

Lubbock, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went years ago with my 12 month old son. This summer we got to go back with my 12 month old grandson. The prairie dogs are so entertaining. Make sure and take some fresh carrots or lettuce or stale bread.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Becky B
Indianapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cutest little things on the planet, but. . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Being from the midwest, I'm not exposed to the wildlife of the american SW often. I thoroughly enjoyed watching these cute little things. Thanks to the wonderful person who thought ahead enough to preserve an area in which to observe these creatures.

One caveat: Although I'm not sure about this, I think it's possible that this might be a pickle park. I won't go into a lot of details about what that is, but I will say this. During my afternoon visit, there were about three older men, in different vehicle, with no passengers cruising the parking area. They never got out to look at the prarie dogs, so I have to assume they weren't there for that particular experience. Harmless men I'm sure, but their behavior was odd, and they were specifically there just to cruise around during the afternoon. Mentioned it to some local cops a couple of days later and got a sort of "knowing" chuckle. Hmmmmm.

Visited July 2012
Amarillo, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Stop every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We got to Lubbock all the time, at least once every 2 months. We stop here on the way in every single time. My kids go nuts, I laugh allot! Their barks are so funny! Bring some goldfish, or cereal to throw in there.

2 Thank Gracefrog
Lubbock, Texas, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well...that was pointless.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

So... Prairie dog town. Hmmm. Not really too exciting. I guess it would be okay if you've never seen a prairie dog...

Bottom line:
Don't expect to spend more than 5 minutes.

Visited October 2011