“Quirky Fondue Place”
Review of The Funky Door

The Funky Door
Reserve with OpenTable
The Funky Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 613 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frankford
Description: The atmosphere is beautiful and intriguing at the same time - splashes of unique colors and art engulf the interior to bring the patrons into a surrounding unlike any other. Our menu is unique in almost every way and we strive to surprise every customer on what their palette might enjoy while trying their next glass of wine. Our knowledgeable staff is always available for anyone with questions about wine typologies or even to just talk "shop" about our wine selection. One of the most unique experiences we offer to our guest is the option to use our self-serve Italian made Enomatics. We offer a selection of 48 wines on these tasting machines that can be dispensed at the correct temperature directly to customers through the use of a microchip card. Every wine on the system can be dispensed in 1.5oz, 3oz, or 6oz pours - giving our guests the chance to taste as many wines as they like without having to look at a single menu. Our goal is to help everyone experience the various types of wine from around the world and to never make anyone feel that you have to have a degree in enology to enjoy a great glass of wine.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Funky Door with my Lubbock family in November. We had Spinach Artichoke Fondue and added chicken......was great! We finished the meal with the best Bananas Foster Fondue.......Oh My Goodness!!! It was so good it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Definitely worth the trip.....don't miss it if you're in Lubbock!

1  Thank Melynda C

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My favorite here is the spinach artichoke fondue with grilled chicken as my meal followed by the best bananas foster fondue I've ever tasted. On Thursdays during happy hour all fondues are half price. I've also had the Kobe burger which is very good. Love the decor and atmosphere. They have music most nights. I come here often :)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our party of four was treated very well during our visit here, but most of the food was mediocre at best My Seafood Wellington was very dry and overwhelmed by the crust. The Coconut Tilapia dish and a pasta entrée were also declared barely acceptable. The grilled ribeye steak was the only main course deemed OK. The mussel appetizer and the Birthday Cake Fondue desert were better and the wine list was excellent. I won’t rush to return.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went to the Funky Door in Lubbock, TX while on a business trip. A friend recommended it to us.
The restaurant has a young, fun vibe and an amazing wine machine! After purchasing a card and filling it with the money amount you desire, you can try over 40 different wines of all types. I do not recommend trying ALL at once, though.
Decor is great, lots of small seating areas for people who want to talk away from the main room. The main room had a terrific singer who I would go find to listen to again. I suspect that the noise in the main room can be a little overwhelming if you are looking for conversation with your dining partner.
We had the spinach and artichoke fondue and enjoyed it before our main courses. We had seafood and it was well prepared and delicious. Arrived hot and quickly. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable and kept an eye on us but didn;t hover. MUCH appreciated!!!
I would return to this place and count it among the fine restaurants that need to appreciated in Lubbock.

1  Thank Marcia K
Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you're a wine lover check this place out. They have the enomatic machines where you purchase a prepaid card and can try a variety of wines. Some of the wines were main stream but they had a few eclectic wines which is always fun for folks looking for something new. We also tried the fondue....can't remember which now but it was AWESOME ! A little on the pricey side but we would definately go back here as we have decided finding cool places in Lubbock is a challenge.

1  Thank sara g

Been to The Funky Door? Share your experiences!