“A Real Gem”
Review of The Vine - CLOSED

The Vine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate fine dining.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

From the outside this doesn't look like a nice place to eat. I think originally it was a house that is now one of the nicest restaurants I have been. The atmosphere is superb, the bar is unique, the food excellent. My husband and I both had crepes for lunch and thought they were very good. Happy hour is also offered Monday thru Friday. The list of appetizers is amazing--most what I like, and I will have just appetizers when we go for dinner. Wine list by the glass is extensive. Prices are what one would expect for an upscale restaurant, but not excessive. Service is not speedy, more relaxed, so that you don't get the feeling the staff wants you to eat quickly and get out--the way many restaurants feel.

This is now one of my very favorite restaurants.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The service was good and food was ok. Decor lacking

Reviewed May 17, 2012

After googling for a 'quaint' restaurant in Lubbock Tx, I came upon The Vine. Tucked away in an older area of Lubbock on 34th Street. A truly wonderful experience! The atmosphere is small yet artsy..a nice quiet place to chat over lunch or dinner. The menu was complete with diversity from appetizers to entrees. We selected the San Remo crepes served with a side of grilled asparagus spears... excellent! Great wine list and a dessert menu to die for! We ordered the creme brulee quartet and were not disappointed! Impeccable dining experience! Service was excellent and informative. We'll be back for dinner next time and we will place The Vine as #1 on our list of superb restaurants in Lubbock!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

While traveling on business in Lubbock, I was looking for a unique restaurant to celebrate some friend's anniversary. I decided on The Vine after perusing their menu, and reading several positive reviews.
The not-so fabulous exterior belies the culinary treasures within.
The dinner menu I read online was interesting enough, however the off menu Chef's specials were even more intriguing.
Three of the four in our group ordered the grilled tenderloin filet ($25 inc. oven roasted baby new potatoes and fresh grilled asparagus)
Mine was an excellent cut, perfectly prepared with a Jack Daniels whiskey peppercorn sauce that rivals any I have had at some of the highest rated restaurants in the country.
The fourth in our party had a Halibut dish from the Chef's special menu. She raved on and on about how scrumptious it was.
The salad was fabulous, bread home-made fresh, wine list adequate and the desserts were incredible. Another plus was the chef's attention to presentation.
I would have given them a 5 star rating however, the level of service was not quite up to the quality of food. Then again, our waiter was new.
If you are ever in Lubbock, definitely give this place a try.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I didn't expect much in Lubbock. This was a real surprise. The food was first rate and atmosphere cozy and even romantic. Service was friendly but not up to food's quality. If you can close your eyes and ignore strip mall hell outside and cargo shorts wearing patrons inside, you could almost be in San Francisco. But I digress.....

1  Thank onepoet