“Best thai food on Lubbock”
Review of Choochai Thai

Choochai Thai
Ranked #207 of 590 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Thai
Odessa, Texas
“Best thai food on Lubbock”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I lived in Lubbock for a few years in college, and this was on of my favorite spots. Try the shrimp eggrolls.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Angela E

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Bring an appetite”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Roadtrip to the west coast... visit 2. Still en route.

Left Memphis, stopped in a podunk place I can't remember outside of Amarillo, small town, great food. Can't remember the name... :banghead:

Ended up in Lubbock, Texas. Wanted oriental and we found a hole in the wall cafe next to a 7-11.

You don't go here for a bar, or atmosphere.

It's run by 3 generations of family and it shows. The love of food there is awesome. You can't get more authentic..or tasty. If you aren't happy, something is wrong with you and you need therapy.
Volcano Soup. Medium Hot.."Yes, they make it to order!" Well...how to express this politely. Every visit to the small room was worth it the following day and I'd repeat over and over. If you don't want the visits don't order it hot.
And chicken! Marinated in seaweed! Evidently seaweed is MAGIC! I don't know what was in it but I'd heist a bank for the stuff or recipe or whatever. A must stop. The owners who do everything are family. You know, the family you like and want to see.

Have to go back...Yes yes yes....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Alderson67
Lubbock, Texas
“Authentic Thai”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you're over by Texas Tech, and are into real, authentic Thai cuisine-pop in. Be prepared to wait a little while if you go during lunch or dinner rush, but even if you do decide not to wait for off hours and take your chances with the college and business crowds, it is worth the wait!

Visited October 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“spicy means spicy”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

love the coconut soup and a yellow curry dish i cant quiet remember the full name...but no joke on the spice. Woman very friendly at the counter. Will definitely go back

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carrie R
Dallas, Texas
“This is a dive that rocks!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in Lubbock for a campus tour. I was texting my pet sitter in Dallas and she recommended this place. I am so happy she did. I am not afraid of dives, so that almost made me happy as I know they are some of the best places. This place did not disappoint. As we ordered we read the "rules" on the side of the drink refrigerator. It states if you order your food medium or hot it will be and they will not recook your food. Boy that was the truth. I eat hot and medium rocked my socks. Loved it. It did take 20 minutes which was also stated on the fridge.
The best part, other than the food , was the guy who came in stating that he had waited 26 years to come back to eat there and would be back next Friday on his way back through. He was a Tech Alumni. Even said his wife was mad she wasn't there with him. I loved listening to him talking to the owner like they were old friends. My only complaint is they need to clean the ceiling fans. But that is why they are called dives. Highly recommend this lovely Lubbock Jewel.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sherilyn S

Been to Choochai Thai? Share your experiences!