“Mexican food done right.”
Review of Gorditos

Gorditos
Ranked #197 of 605 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Great Mexican food at reasonable prices. The food is really good and the staff is always super.
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I went through three little things of hot sauce while waiting for my food. Their hot sauce should deserve an award for being one of the best in Lubbock. Again, I really appreciate the large glasses and jumbo straws to match. Why can't the competition send a spy in and learn how it is done.

As usual, I got the Banda with zucchini and papas. This is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to try this place. By the way, the service has always been very good here.

Somebody in our party got the Monterey which has a relleno on it. Other restaurants give you a warmed up frozen relleno out of a box. This place fixes the real thing. There is no comparison.

1  Thank Dawveed
There are newer reviews for Gorditos

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

For starters, their salsa is outstanding. Secondly, they bring out a large drink glass with jumbo straws like a good restaurant should do. I'm pepped up and haven't even opened the menu yet.

I ordered the Bandara with potatoes and zucchini as sides. These are absolutely the best enchiladas in Lubbock, the south plains, and maybe all Texas.

Today, we had the best service. The waiters kept our chips, salsa, and drinks full. This was a very pleasant experience. I don't know who owns this place, but they are doing a good job.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I got the Bandaras again with an added salad, which I could have done without. Besides, they only offer Ranch dressing. I like the Bandaras. I got the potatoes and zucchini as sides. Remember there is pig in the beans, I stayed away from them.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This place may not have the greatest atmosphere for a Mexican food restaurant. The food makes up for the atmosphere. This place has the very best value for the buck. I understand thst most of the vegetables are locally grown.

I got the Bandera. It comes with three different enchiladas. The zucchini and Papacitos are the best vegetables to go with this. Just a heads up that both bean choices do have pig in them for the health conscious.

This place would get my vote for the best Mexican food in town award.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Top Quality Ingredients from their OWN produce Farm Locally. Great Presentation, Never a wait and menu is like eating in Santa Fe !! Yum and Pretty on the plate. Great Southwestern and Mexican Food Great Service