“Ummmm.........”

Description: (806) 792-4805
Holyoke, Colorado
“Ummmm.........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our party of 4 people ate here for supper one evening. Service was exemplary, excellent!! And speedy. I ordered the crab legs dinner, that comes with corn on the cob & red potatoes. The corn on the cob was burnt on one side, overcooked. The red potatoes also were overcooked, had been sitting under a heat lamp too long, maybe? The biscuits (love them!) were not as fresh as other Red Lobster's I've eaten in. I would probably give them another chance if I get back to Lubbock, but was pretty disappointed, as I love Red Lobster but have never had one this bad! Would probably use Joe's Crab Shack next time.

• Visited August 2014

Manila, Philippines
“Great Lunch - Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had a great mid-day lunch. The total bill for a great, fresh, tasty and healthy lunch was less than 20.00 for 2 people. The staff was awesome. Our waitress made the day! Way to go team. Visited on 06/03/2014.

Visited June 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Not their usual speedy service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

It had been a long while since my last visit to RL in Lubbock, although I frequent it fairly regularly in other markets. I arrived at 11:30 with a group of 8 for a weekday lunch and was promptly seated, but that's where the hustle ended. For some reason that was never explained, two different servers took our orders. One took food orders for three of the ladies. The other had to be reminded almost 15 minutes later when we could flag her down that five of us had not ordered. A bottle of wine took 30 minutes to arrive from the bar. Drink ordering was erratic. Even when told that some of the ladies needed to get back to work, there wasn't much hustle. Food was terrific, as always, and there were some great lunch priced options. I hope that an hour and 45 minutes on a weekday is a service anomaly.

• Visited April 2014
“Disappointed. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in the Lubbock Red Lobster after a 7 hour trip from Red River. We were tired and hungry. It was around 3pm and the place didn't have many people in it. We were seated immediately and the waiter took our drink orders. The biscuits (that I love) were hard and super dry and had apparently been sitting under a warmer for a long time. I always order the crab Alfredo. Always have. The portion was very small-a lot smaller than normal and it tasted old. Not rich and creamy like it usually is at other Red Lobsters. Another person in our party ordered the admirals feast. Talk about wimpy! The shrimp were tiny!! The scallops were the smallest I have ever seen!
I'm giving 3 stars because our waiter did everything he could and was very friendly. The cook, on the other hand, might think about taking a few more culinary classes.

“Will not be back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in town shopping and seeing that most of the other restaurants were just as busy, and we haven't had seafood in a while, we decided to give RL a try.
The hostess said that the wait was about 30-45 minutes and they were spot on. The lobby was packed with some groups having approximately 11-15 people in them.
We finally got seated and we were starving. Luckily they already had some of those awesome biscuits waiting for us. Off to a little better start.

Our server showed up just seconds later and took our drink order. Sitting across from us was a large table with small children. It appears that they had already been waiting for a while for their food.

Our server took our order and then our salads showed up not too long after that. They looked a little skimpy in the large bowl but they were good and we were starving so that and two more rounds of biscuits hit the spot. Our server kept us filled on our drinks.

Wondering what Trip Advisor reviews were saying about the place, using my handy TA app on my phone, I quickly discovered that there were mixed reviews about this restaurant. There were 7 excellent reviews and 6 poor. So thinking about our experience so far, we determined that the 6 poor reviews were probably spot on and the 7 excellent reviews were the restaurant employees trying to cover up the bad reviews???

About 20 minutes later the manager came to our table and apologised for taking so long for our food. He said that they were swamped and the kitchen just can't keep up. We told him no problem. As long as we had our drinks filled and biscuits we could wait for our meal.

About 10 minutes later our food arrived. I ordered the Bar Harbour Lobster Bake which came in a casserole dish with a plastic cover over the dish. The cover had hard wate stains on it and didn't look very clean. The edge of the cover was broken. The contents of the dish included scallops, shrimp, mussells, and two very small bite sized lobster tails baked in a garlic white wine sauce with linguini pasta. The dish was very good, but I don't think it was worth $24.99!

My wife had a create your own platter with salmon, shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, and a baked potato. The salmon was dry and the potato was not done.

Total damage for the two of us with one water and one soda, $63.

Totally not worth the wait nor the quality of our food. Also the other reviews about hard water stains on the silverware, spot on!

It's hard to say that I won't be back but it's probably the truth. Sorry Red Lobster, your advertising campaign about "Seafood differently", well so do I, and I just can't seem to see it your way anymore!

Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts...

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!