“Clean room. Friendly service. Quiet.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Another great stay. This time I had a room on the fourth floor and it felt like a larger room. Room cleaning staff look very happy and are friendly. Breakfast area neat an organized. Super speedy check in and out. Well lit. Safe area. Easy access to highway but I never hear highway noise. Nice quality towels and sheets. Plenty of outlets and the WiFi always works.

• Stayed: September 2013
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

MulberryCreek,

Thanks again for such a great review! Being that this was your most recent stay since May and both stays were great, I appreciate what that says about our consistency! An important part of getting great value is the level of consistency, and it sounds like were giving you exactly what you have come to expect time and time again!

I am glad that your check in/out was efficient and that you had time to enjoy our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel, and if I am correct you have about ten more trips lined up already?!

See ya soon,
Andre S

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel earns high marks in all categories for me. I was surprised at how quiet it was. I needed a good night and had my best sleep in ages. It is surely the best place in this town in this price range. They even have nice touches such as bathroom light that automatically goes on when one walks in & they have the latest model of room locks --making entrance faster & easier. All staff friendly & helpful. I wish this was the hotel I could have at every stop!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Sharon T,

Thanks for your review, it is surely appreciated by the staff and I. Its great to hear that you had a great nights sleep here at our hotel, in fact the best sleep in ages.. thinking about putting that on a banner in the lobby.. haha I wish we could be your hotel at every stop but I'll make a deal with you.. how about we be your only stop when you come to Lubbock?! That sounds like a winner to me, See ya soon Sharon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great location easy travel to shopping and food. Great service from staff, very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable but was missing a few of the normal amenities; i.e. conditioner missing and hand lotion was half full. Breakfast area seemed a little behind in getting things out but was corrected as soon as things were identified. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

David G.

I am glad that you had a very enjoyable stay, though I must admit I am saddened to hear that the room amenities and breakfast were not up to par during your visit. Please know that we have made adjustments to prevent this from happening and I appreciate your honesty and review. Hopefully you do a lot of shopping and will be staying with us again! In the event you are able to make it back to Lubbock for shopping or any other reason, I would insist that you stay with us again to be reassured of the great quality and guest experience we provide here at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock West!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was visiting Lubbock to take my clinicals for my nursing program. Its a 3 day weekend full of stress so I definitely needed somewhere calming to stay. When I checked in, Erica was able to arrange it so that my room was at the end of a hallway so I wouldn't be disturbed by guests in for the football game. The room was excellent. The bed was comfortable and there were ample towels and toiletries for me to use. Friday morning at breakfast, Veronica greeted me and made sure that my stay was going well and that the food was to my liking. I was really impressed with how helpful all the staff was. The exercise equipment and the pool were a great stress reliever as well. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Hilary B,

Let me start off by saying that I don't envy you on such a stressful weekend! That being said I am elated to know that you had a great stay and we were able to eliminate some of that stress for you with the location of your room and pool/exercise area and more importantly the great service from Erika and Veronica! They are two of my best for sure and I am glad that you were able to see them at their best. I hope everything went well for your clinicals and wish you all the best in your nursing program.. hope to see you again soon!
Thanks,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for five days. The only negative experience during those five days was the struggle to find it at first. You should definitely use a GPS unless you are very familiar with the area. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay very much and will not hesitate to return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks Tobias! I'm always happy to hear that guests receive good quality experiences and will return without hesitation.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The last night of an extended road trip we spent in Lubbock to visit our grandson there. On other trips to Lubbock, we had stayed at several other hotels. We found this one on Hotels.com at a reasonable price and near where we were coming into town. It seemed fairly new and was up to or above the usual standards of Holiday Inn Express. Our king room was clean, spacious and had a microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable and we had free WiFi. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. We'll stay here again when visiting Lubbock.

Room Tip: Our 3rd floor room was quiet as the hotel is a fair way away from the expressway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

MaroonDawg,

It is great to see that my hotel is able to capitalize on every opportunity to please our guests, whether they are a platinum IHG rewards member, booked on hotels.com, or a walk in guest! My staff does a great job of giving customer service consistently and its good to hear that we've made a believer out of you and you now know exactly where to go to get what you expect from your travels to Lubbock! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We only stayed one night but it was a great experience. I usually do not stay at HolidY Inns because I believe they are over priced. We stayed here because our daughter was staying here for a week as she was moving to Lubbock. I was impressed with the morning breakfast. I was also impressed with the courtesy of the staff. Although the price was still a little high I was impressed with my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dale M,

I am glad that you gave us a shot at impressing you with our guest service despite your previous hesitations due to pricing. A core concept in our daily lives is to feel like we got great value for what and where we spend our money, so I understand your hesitations. That being said it feels great to know that our guest feel as though they are receiving great value for their stay! We will continue to deliver these results and offer our guests a personalized and exceptionally valuable stay at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock West.
Thanks Dale,