“Excellent cost-benefit ratio” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Walldorf, Germany
“Excellent cost-benefit ratio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for five days. The only negative experience during those five days was the struggle to find it at first. You should definitely use a GPS unless you are very familiar with the area. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay very much and will not hesitate to return in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Andre S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks Tobias! I'm always happy to hear that guests receive good quality experiences and will return without hesitation.

Andre S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The last night of an extended road trip we spent in Lubbock to visit our grandson there. On other trips to Lubbock, we had stayed at several other hotels. We found this one on Hotels.com at a reasonable price and near where we were coming into town. It seemed fairly new and was up to or above the usual standards of Holiday Inn Express. Our king room was clean, spacious and had a microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable and we had free WiFi. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. We'll stay here again when visiting Lubbock.

Room Tip: Our 3rd floor room was quiet as the hotel is a fair way away from the expressway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MaroonDawg,

It is great to see that my hotel is able to capitalize on every opportunity to please our guests, whether they are a platinum IHG rewards member, booked on hotels.com, or a walk in guest! My staff does a great job of giving customer service consistently and its good to hear that we've made a believer out of you and you now know exactly where to go to get what you expect from your travels to Lubbock! We look forward to seeing you again!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We only stayed one night but it was a great experience. I usually do not stay at HolidY Inns because I believe they are over priced. We stayed here because our daughter was staying here for a week as she was moving to Lubbock. I was impressed with the morning breakfast. I was also impressed with the courtesy of the staff. Although the price was still a little high I was impressed with my stay here.

Dale M,

I am glad that you gave us a shot at impressing you with our guest service despite your previous hesitations due to pricing. A core concept in our daily lives is to feel like we got great value for what and where we spend our money, so I understand your hesitations. That being said it feels great to know that our guest feel as though they are receiving great value for their stay! We will continue to deliver these results and offer our guests a personalized and exceptionally valuable stay at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock West.
Thanks Dale,
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have lived in Lubbock most of my life but recently away. Over the past few months I have had to return to town and each time I stayed at this hotel. Having lived in Lubbock I knew that the location was excellent.
The front desk staff is extremely helpful and eager to please. They have accommodated me when I have needed to check in early and they have been incredibly helpful when I have needed to check out late.
Something I greatly appreciate, especially when traveling during summer months, is when a property spends a little extra money and leaves the air conditioner on. This hotel has always extended that courtesy, which really matters when checking in late in the day. It is their attention to little details like this that make staying at HIEX Lubbock West a pleasure.
The housekeeping staff has always been very friendly and they are INCREDIBLY thorough. Each time I have stayed the room has been immaculate and clean. It is obvious that they care about their job and about the people that will occupy the rooms.

Keep it up Lubbock West!! I look forward to returning to town and staying with y'all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shawn C,

I couldn't be more proud of such a glowing review, thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this! As you well know, guest experience is our #1 priority at HIEX Lubbock West and the more people that know about it and experience it for themselves the better!! I would really appreciate the opportunity to meet you the next time you stay at the hotel. If it isn't too much trouble for you of course, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had to drive into Lubbock for a funeral and when calling to make my reservation Susanne and the AGM Christine were beyond helpful. I live 6 hours away but arrived in town early and Glenn at the front desk was able to get us an early check-in and was very professional and friendly. Vanessa was working the kitchen in the morning and I must say I've never enjoyed a continental breakfast more. Their pancake machine was magic.

Everything about this hotel was clean and professional. If I ever need to go to Lubbock again this will be my first choice of a place to stay.

Don Davis,

I am sorry to hear about your reason for the trip to Lubbock. However, I am elated to know that you were treated well and enjoyed your stay with us. As the General Manager it never gets old to hear that your staff takes care of every guest and gives them personal attention to create a great hotel that guests love! Thanks for taking the time to spread the good word about your great experience here, I and the staff sincerely appreciate it!
Munds Park, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Typical Holiday property.... clean, comfortable, nice atmosphere and professional staff. You just can't seem to go wrong with Holiday. As a travel professional, I know that Holiday is one of the few remaining brands that seem to demand consistency and quality from their owners.

Room Tip: Any room you draw will be acceptable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JO A,

You couldn't be more "on the spot" with your review! Consistency and guest experience are demands place hotel to hotel and staff to staff. Here in my hotel we take it a step further and ask that the staff demand it from themselves. All in all it results in guests knowing exactly what they will receive from Holiday Inn brands and more specifically my hotel. Thank you for CHOOSING the Holiday Inn Express and we look forward to your next visit!
Thanks again,
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this location for one night while traveling from San Antonio to Seattle. The hotel was a bit difficult to find and it was even more difficult to get to the proper highway when we left in the morning. We arrived at about 4:30pm and the room was not ready. There was a guest checking in when we arrived and their room was not ready either. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get our room and that was somewhat annoying after driving all day, including driving through a nasty Texas rain storm. The clerk did not recognize us as being priority club members but she had already offered us bottles of water while we had to wait for our room to be ready. The room itself was fine, clean and typical. The bathroom fan was loud and annoying. The breakfast in the morning was good and had a few more items than most of the Holiday Inn's we have stayed in. We would definitely consider staying at this location again if we happen to be in Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelwithchild
Travelwithchild,

Thanks for an informing response to your stay! I am pleased to tell you that we have made some corrections within the hotel to ensure guest room readiness by 3pm. This will eliminate experiences like you described waiting for your room at 4:30 or later. In addition our front desk is stocked with maps and are always willing to help answer questions about directions using the "Loop" and "Marsha Sharp Freeways" systems of Lubbock. I would enjoy seeing you here at my hotel again on your next stay! I hope youre trip to Seattle was as fun as it sounds.
See you soon!