“Great service. Clean, quiet room.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

These have to be the friendliest hotel staff in Texas. Rooms are always clean. I stay here about 14 days per year. You have to drive to any good dining establishment, but driving everywhere is just a function of being in Lubbock, TX.

• Stayed: May 2013
Christine R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Southern hospitality is what we like to think of our customer service experience. We take pride in treating each and every guest as if they were a guest in our own home. We love seeing all of our returning guests and are happy that we can be the hotel for you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was very nice, and clean. The staff was over the top friendly and courteous to our needs. Breakfast was very good and fresh. This would be a hotel to stay when visiting Lubbock. Rooms were very neat and CLEAN. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the two thumbs up! We are happy to hear that your stay went very well and that you enjoyed all the choices that you had for breakfast. If your travels ever bring you back through Lubbock, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Beautiful property, gorgeous rooms, and the FRIENDLIEST hotel staff I have ever encountered (and as a Navy veteran, I've stayed in a LOT of hotels). Alecia made me feel VERY welcome, and was able to provide a very reasonably priced room. The lady running the breakfast service and the morning desk host were also wonderfully friendly and welcoming. The accommodations were first-rate, and very comfortable. This is the ONLY place I will stay whenever I'm in the Lubbock area!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet, and had a wide view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Amanda F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We take so much pride in our customer service and we love hearing the feedback from all of our guests. Our front desk staff is wonderful at making everyone feel at home and at ease in their home away from home.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lubbock!

Christine R.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wow! I noticed that this hotel was rated #1 for hotels in Lubbock ... I can see why. Upon check-in I was greeting in the best way by Alicia who was so sweet that I might get a cavity. She found me a quiet room at a great 'senior' rate and even offed a list of dinner delivery services as she could see that I had driven for a long time. The room was absolutely spotless, large, and even had a couch for resting my weary body while unpacking. Keep it up and you will stay #1.

Thanks

Room Tip: this property is quiet but has a fourth floor for those who cannot stand any noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Amanda F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and we are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We love Alecia and she is wonderful at meeting the guests needs. We take so much pride in our hotel and knowing that our guests enjoy each aspect of it makes it even better

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a really nice time at the hotel. The staff is really nice and helpful in every way possible. The rooms are nice and clean and very spacious and the breakfast was really good. Thanks for a great weekend!!!!!!

1  Thank NZXG02
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. The entire Team is very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit; we all enjoy the hospitality we may provide. We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful Spring.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and paid using our rewards points. The room was clean and had a small kitchenette area with extra sink, microwave and refrigerator. The shower had plenty of pressure, and our room was quiet. My only gripe was that the AC was noisy, as was the exhaust fan in the bathroom (think small plane taking off). The bathroom had some nice little extras, like Q-tips and make-up removal towelettes. The beds were comfy and had pillows marked "soft" and "firm." The breakfast had a good variety. The staff members were all friendly and pleasant. I would stay here again.

1  Thank katmcw85

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is so very important for us to know both positive and constructive feedback. I would like to know which room you were in so I may attend to the air conditioner and the fan in the bathroom; it does not sound normal. My email is amanda.fielding@hiexpresslubbock.com or you may contact me by telephone at 806-687-2600.
Thank you again for your time.
We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed for one night at this property and used my Priority club points to pay the room. I think I got the worst room the hotel has. I could hear the elevator all the night. I could not sleep very well. Furthermore the hotel changed my reservation from 2 Queen to one King and I had to ask at checking for the right room. Furthermore the staff at check in was bored and make the feeling to be not welcome in this property.

1  Thank Jens S
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

I would personally like to thank you for using your points with us; it is such an embarrassment to myself and the team to hear of your experience with us. Being a member with our brand is a very big deal to us. I would like to look into this further so we may coach on this experience, our service is well known and it is truly unacceptable you were not welcomed. Please contact me at your convenience so I may look into the changes made to the reservation. I would very much like to make this right for you. My email address is amanda.fielding@hiexpresslubbock.com or if you are still in the states (I know international calls are costly) 806-687-2600.
We value your feedback and hope to hear from you soon,