“Warm welcome, great breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to stay off the loop and near major restaurants. We were greeted by 2 friendly faces and 4 bottles of cold water after a 10 hour drive. Room was clean, well stocked with all appliances, coffee. Hair dryer is not the best, no power. But, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Noni53
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so very much for staying with us Nani, we were so happy to welcome you. Long trips like yours are difficult it makes a big difference having a warm greeting. Thank you for letting me know the hair dryer was not as powerful as needed, I am very sorry for any inconvenience this caused.
We hope we can host your stay again soon,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a good stay in a 2-room suite at this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and new (and large!). Only issue I had was that the pullout couch in our suite had just about the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on in my life. The real bed in the bedroom was great, but I think I may still have imprint marks from the springs of the pullout mattress on my backside. Other than that, quality was what you'd expect from a HI Express.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Your feedback is very much appreciated; thank you for taking the time to share with us your comment. The entire Team is happy to provide the service and dependability our guests enjoy from the Holiday Inn Express brand. I am glad you brought the pull out sofas to my attention; hopefully we may find a way to remedy this.
Have wonderful travels! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel with 4 floors. Breakfast was very good and hot, fruit fresh and plentiful. Room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The room also has a very small kitchen to accommodate travelers who might want to save on food. Staff was very pleasant at all times during the day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Lubbock, we are all happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we can see you again soon.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and eager to do anything to make sure our stay was pleasant. We where checked in quickly and asked if we would need anything during our stay. The room was very clean and larger than expected. The room had a nice sized fridge and a separately partitioned sitting area, though it was just a single room. Location is convenient close to the loop and Marsha Sharp freeway. The parking lot was a little tricky to get into at first since the entrance is not directly by the hotel.

I would use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. We are excited to be in a new development area, please do not hesitate to call us when you come back into town we will stay on the phone and help you get to us. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having made a last-minute decision to drive to Lubbock for a regional basketball tournament, I was unprepared as far as planning for an overnight stay. I had only been advised by a college student there not to stay near the Tech campus...that the better hotels were on the Loop. So following her advice, I took the Loop and spotted the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Lubbock West at Loop 289 and Hwy 82 West. The access in and out is my only complaint, and that merely an inconvenience. Otherwise, the staff was outgoing and friendly, very helpful at all levels and positions encountered. Plus, they helped me sign up for Priority Club Rewards which will be helpful in future travels. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff. They place me away from areas where teams where staying; thus it was quiet...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

I want to thank you for becoming a member with us. There are so many benefits with our program; be sure to look at priorityclubrewards.com. We were happy you chose us for your trip, there are many hotels in Lubbock we appreciate your business.

We hope you will come see us soon,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday March 2, 2013. The staff were outstanding. They were very accomodating and kind. The cleaning staff were top notch and friendly and our room was in excellent condition. Nothing bad to say about the hotel itself at all. The only down side to this weekend was the people (guest) of this hotel that were there for a baseball or softball tournament. They were rude, let their kids run wild in the lobby and eating area of the hotel. They were letting them jump on the furniture and run wild in the hallways, slam doors yell and just be very disrespectful to other guests and the staff of the hotel. This went on until way past 100am. There were absolutely no parking places on this parking lot when we got in around 1030pm Saturday night. There were 2 box trucks taking up 5 spaces each and a van/suv with a trailer on it (carrying the baseball gear) taking up 5 spaces as well. One of the clerks was kind enough to give me his spot, and I was very appreciative of this. I went to the desk to get another pillow and the front desk clerk said all the pillows had been given out. I would stay at this hotel again, but I will definately check before my reservation if there is going to be any kind of event going on ahead of time. Suggestion, if large vehicles need extra room, have them back in and not take up 4-5 spaces each. Also, limit additional pillows when there is a large crowd like this. I have stayed at other hotels in the past that have had baseball tournaments going on and large crowds before, but this particular group were the rudest, most disrepectful group (to other guests and staff) that I have encountered.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time and make sure there are no sports tournaments with large #'s of parents and u...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Amanda F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lubbock West, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

I want to thank you for all of your helpful comments. We are one of the few hotels in town that limit our teams because of the problems you experienced. At the moment we are working on some new ways of organizing weekends when we are not able to only have our usual business and leisure guests. Both for the parking situation and linens. Our hotel Team really hope if there is noise that is disturbing such as you described we may be notified so we may start our process with the situation. I am in hopes we may have you back to see how pleasant the hotel really is.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall great hotel for Lubbock. Was able to get a government rate for a good deal. Descent area close to shopping but hard to get to. Only a few back roads get you to the parking lot. Has a descent gym and pool. Rooms are fairly large with mini fridge, sink and microwave. I don't care much for the Holiday Inn breakfast, but it's free and a quick grab if you're in a hurry.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much evansry for your feedback; it is so very important for us to hear both positive as well as ideas from our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to be in a development area; if ever needed we will be happy to stay on the phone with you to get you safely here. I am interested to know what you would like to see at the Holiday Inn Express breakfast bar. I would be happy to provide your ideas to IHG to see what we can be approved for. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.
We hope we may see you soon,