Overton Hotel and Conference Center
$80
Comfort Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$63
ComfortSuites
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$71
$97
$80
$130
EmbassySuites.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$89
$89
$100
BestWestern.com
$76
$64
Hotels.com
Studio 6 Lubbock TX(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewspecan grilltexas techpreferred levelkeurig coffee makernice hotelroom servicefootball stadiumbreakfast buffetwest texasfront desk staffking bedbusiness tripmini fridgevisiting lubbockthe room was nicewe've stayedvalet
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stopped here driving home for the holidays. The lobby was decorated with a gigantic gingerbread house and some other lights and the like.

The front desk people were all quote helpful. We needed directions and I couldn't get cell service. They were more than willing to help us out.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We ordered breakfast room service, which was prompt and yummy. I did like the Texas french toast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the holiday decorations and the Texas French Toast.. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back thru Lubbock.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hotel staff was awesome. Bartender was attentive and very friendly! We only had 1 issue with 1 waiter. He was not attentive. We didn't expect for everyone to be friendly, but at least show some common courtesy by being polite. This waiter made no attempt at being polite.
So our overall experience was VERY GOOD! I'm sure when we visit our son who's attending college there we will stay at the Overton Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us I am sorry to hear about your issue with the waiter, I assure you that will not happen again. Glad that your overall experience was GOOD, and we look forward to having you and your family stay at the Overton again

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary celebration recently. We thought it would be nice to stay here and try the restaurant as well (will review that too). Unfortunately it was not what we had envisioned. It appears nice from the lobby, but that's where it ends. We had a king room and it was poor to average at best. The walls had chips/scratches that were painted over, the air conditioner did not cool down our room at all, the décor is outdated, the bed was a squeaky old box spring (not what I was expecting from an expensive and modern hotel). The comforter also had a huge brown stain on it, not sure what that was, but it was gross. There was another mysterious stain on the bed side table as well. The bathroom was decent until you opened the shower curtain and see a shower that looks like something you'd see in a hospital. The ice machine on our floor was broken as well. It was just disappointment after disappointment. It is definitely not worth the money they charge, plus the ridiculous $50 a day hold for incidentals. We don't mind paying for a nice experience at an elegant hotel, but this place just leaves you feeling robbed of a great experience and your hard earned money. It definitely doesn't live up to their website's description of "down-home comfort and urban elegance". Seems like the hotel spends more money on keeping the public areas modern and appealing, but then ignore the quality of the rooms. Definitely won't be wasting any money at this place in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I apologize that you had a disappointed experience with us. The issue with the room has been discussed with our Rooms Director. I hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am a business traveller and am used to staying in medium-high end hotels which offer typical amenities for the business traveler. This was my first visit to Lubbock and prior to my visit when I did a search for business hotels located close to the medical center, I found mostly motels. The Overton Hotel and Conference Center was a hotel offering which is a newer property which offered the amenities which are fairly standard for business travelers in larger cities, plus a hotel restaurant, lobby bar, a coffee shop in the lobby, complementary newspapers, nice workout facility and business center. From these perspectives, the hotel is a good choice. Also a very strong plus for the hotel is that the staff are very friendly and accommodating-- but not as seasoned as staff in similar hotels in larger cities.

Based on my stay, there are two aspects in which the hotel can improve. My room payment was set up in advance for direct billing to a company master account with a personal credit card required at check-in for personal expenses-- fairly standard procedure. It took two front desk people to figure out how to process my check-in as they were not familiar with room billing to a company master account. Additionally, in the process of this they ran temporary charge authorizations on one of my credit cards for the same temporary amount x 2, then told me my credit card was declined and then asked me for a second credit card---on which they ran a third temporary charge authorization. After check-in I contacted my credit card company which informed me that there was in fact no problem with the charge authorizations with my credit card and that the hotel had run the same temporary authorization twice (yet I had been told by the front desk staff that each of the charges had been declined). Apparently the front desk staff was not experienced in this type of direct payment method, one which is fairly standard for business travellers.

There is another area where the hotel could improve its procedures. After check-in, I ordered room service which included a request for a beer with my meal. Over the phone, I was told that I would need to show picture identification when my food (beer) was delivered to the room for this 50 year old traveler. While I understand that hotels have a responsibility to not serve alcohol to underage travelers, given the price point and the type of hotel which the Overton strives to be, I would recommend that guests’ ages could be discreetly and less intrusively verified and recorded at check-in when it is fairly standard protocol for guests to hand over a picture I.D. with their credit card.

Overall, I like this hotel and will stay there again. It is one of the few Lubbock options for the business traveler who used to mid-high end level hotels and the level of services which those hotels provide. The hotel just needs to refine its staff training and protocols to the level of expectations of the type of guests which this facility will attract.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I am sorry that you experienced some issues with the front desk and room service with your visit in Dec. You are correct the type of payment you are speaking of is pretty standard for business travelers. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and it has been dealt with. As for the ID, I know it was an inconvenience and we apologize, but it is hotel policy that we card all guest that order alcohol beverages with room service. We hope you will choose the Overton Hotel the next time you travel to Lubbock and give us another chance

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My room was hot. Never cooled down. Room has only a few very basic cable channels no movies no pay-per-view. No minibar. Yet you're charged extra $50 for incidentals and you don't get the credit back on your card for three full days. No vending machines on my floor which sold food only drinks. For $190 per night this was a bad deal. Any major hotel chain will give you more for the price. The location is great, close to campus but these are very basic bare bones no frills rooms. Much like a motel 6. If you are used to staying in nice rooms, don't stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul S
OvertonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We would like to apologize for the shortfall you experienced during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance.