“Party place!!!!”

Overton Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“Party place!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

It's 2:54am the cops and security have been in the room beside us for the past 1-2 hrs due to a party going on. We in our room have yet to sleep tonight. This is ridiculous. Obliviously the security and cops are familier with this situation at this location because minimal action was taken. Safe to say I'm demanding a refund in the am and not staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2012
overtonGM, General Manager at Overton Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I apologize about the experience you had this weekend. This is not what the Overton normally portrays by any means. We had a wedding party in house that got out of hand; my Staff took care of the situation. I am very sorry that it disturbed your rest. I was informed by my Manager on Duty that he took care of your room charges. If there is anything else I can do for you, should you change mind about the Overton; please contact me directly. Again I am sorry, Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Kurt Metcalf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed in room 1509 at the Overton & it was fabulous! The rooms were deocrated so nicely & the bed was even comfortable. The service was great & the food was fabulous. I must admit it was nothing like I expected from Lubbock, Texas. I've traveled far & wide. This property beat our favorite Maui, Hawaii spot. If ever back in Lubbock, I would definitely stay here again. WELL WORTH THE PRICE!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite on the 15th floor. It was quiet & peaceful. I might have slept bet...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jennifer M
Ojai, California
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is truly an incredible hotel! In October my son and I planned a visit to Lubbock to see Texas Tech. I checked Tripadvisor and saw bad reviews of this hotel, boy were they wrong!! I chose not to stay at this hotel based on the review, we stayed the Embassy Suites on the other side of town.
The Embassy Suites was ok, it was also WAY on the other side of town away from Tech and all the area around the school offer (restaraunts, coffee shops, shopping).
We just went back to Tech for another visit and decided to try the Overton, what a treat! Seriously the only reason I like Lubbock is now based on this hotel! I travel A LOT and this hotel is just awesome! Clean, comfortable the staff is incredibly helpful and is beautiful!
I reccomend the upper floors that grant access to the "club room" worth every penny!!

DuPage County, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I came to the Overton Hotel for a business conference and brought my husband along for the ride. My first impression of the hotel started with the concierge. They were friendly and professional; a good start to a great experience.
Our room was tastefully decorated: stylish with a fun Texan twist... both contemporary and country. We loved the bed (so ridiculously comfy) and the Keurig coffee maker. The whole room was spotlessly cleaned and we had no issues with it at all.
They had nice amenities including a beautiful pool and hot tub (which i unfortunately did not have the opportunity to enjoy). The conference room, banquet hall and bar area were all very nice with the same rustic/contempo decor. The restaurant offered a plentiful breakfast/brunch buffet which was tasty.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience and I would be happy to go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BKtravels
Midland, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We first stayed at the Overton shortly after it opened a few years ago. It seems that nothing has been done to maintain the property. Both of the cordless phones in our room were dead. The common areas had obvious broken/missing pieces of decroation.

However, the food remains great. The saturday night music was great. The hotel staff were very friendly, but seemed inexperienced to deal with my complaint about the phone.

Fritch, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We planned a trip to Lubbock to see family and attend a Stockshow.......the Overton had great reviews and was only $20.00 more than the hotels with basic or minimum reviews, so we booked. Amazing hotel, from Valet parking, of which we did not use to the very kind and helpful front desk clerks. Room was equally as amazing.....soft soft beds, Keurig coffee maker....window front desk....well appointed bathroom.....There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby with patio seating as well.....no complimentary breakfast......very very nice place to visit!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor...the clerk gave us floor options.....
3 Thank Angelsonlone
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have stayed at most of the hotels in the Lubbock area and the Overton tops them all.

• Stayed January 2012