I give this hotel a good rating. On the plus side:
- clean rooms with the exception of some of that pink shower mold stuff around the edges.
- very nice, comfy beds and pillows
- easy to access intenet with adequate speed.
- nice, fluffy shower towels that appear to be new.
- prompt shuttle ride from the airport, though most of the seat belts in the van are broken.
On the negative side:
- long walk from parking to entrance
- we only tried breakfast at the restaurant, but was told there would be 15 min wait for a table. There were many open tables, but they were short wait staff. We ate elsewhere.
I am not really big on front desk service and smiles as long as everything is accurate. We had no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the first and only Four Diamond Lodging in West Texas, the Overton Hotel is Lubbock's premiere destination for leisure and business travel. With construction complete in July of 2009, the Overton is Lubbock's newest and most luxurious hotel and conference center. Conveniently located next to Texas Tech in the newly redeveloped Overton Park, the Overton Hotel is close to the Health Sciences Center, downtown Lubbock, the depot entertainment district, and 10 minutes from the Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Overton Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Overton Hotel Lubbock