“The location by Texas Tech is MUCH better......this one is just "OK".”
Review of Ruby Tequila's Lubbock South - CLOSED

Ruby Tequila's Lubbock South
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We just returned home from dinner at this location. It wasn't bad- my shrimp fajitas were good, but my papas/rice were lukewarm.....almost cold. Our server was FANTASTIC....she was very friendly and attentive. Next time I want Ruby's, though, I will stick to the TTU location.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you like to have a social night out I recommend this place. Staff great and excellent food. The drinks were also great.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The fajita salad was delicious! Everyone in our party was pleased with the food. Atmosphere and service were excellent.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great margaritas and food! The wait staff was very nice. We had a party of 19 and were seated in 45 minutes on graduation weekend.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

After a terrible time the first time, the company sent us coupons for free food so we would return. What a mistake! 28$ for fajitas for two with tricky wording on the menu. Everything is so expensive! It's mexican food for crying out loud! This time around was worse than the first. The server got my drink wrong, the type of tortillas wrong, the food took 45 minutes with the appetizer being brought out at the same time as our meal. We finally said never mind about the margarita cause we were already done eating and ready to leave. We had to get our own side plates and silverware. We waited forever for everything! The worse part is inside servers were just sitting down doing nothing. Where is the team work? No food or drink runners? This was on a slow Sunday afternoon, too! The manager was very nice but even free food won't bring us back. With so many Mexican restaurants in Lubbock, I'd look elsewhere. Their coupons don't work on margaritas either! Only on their over priced food. Shame on you. Gramma ruby would be very disappoint.

1  Thank John S